Yu Seong Eun (유성은) was in the SoundK studio for Star Date with DJ SeeAn. Yu Sung Eun was a participant on ‘Voice Korea’ in 2012 and was the runner up. Yu Sung Eun debuted in July 2013 under Baek Jiyoung’s label. She is the first rookie artist under this label.
– She like Big Bang’s Taeyeong, she likes his voice.
– She majored in contemporary music.
– Her professor hooked her up with a job doing guide songs.
– She was a trainee for the company doing the guides before going to Voice Korea.
– She audition for Voice Korea because it was a blind audition test, and they focused only on her voice.
– When bored she sleeps a lot or reads books.
– Would like to adopt Baek Jiyoung’s emotional sound into her music.
– Her favorite artist is Beyonce.
Q & A::
Q: Did you help with the ‘Be OK’ MV concept?
A: No, the MV director came up with the concept. After seeing how he put together the different styles of music in the video she fell in love with the concept.
Q: How did you feel going into the studio for the first time to record songs for your album?
A: Being in the recording studio was not new to her because she had been doing guide songs for 3-4 years. However, she was very touched when seeing the studio men recording various piano & guitar music for her songs.
Q: Why did you want to do a dance song, when you usually style is ballad songs?
A: Singing and dancing the same time is very hard for her. It felt like something was challenging her. So, to prove to herself that she could do it she came out with dance song ‘Be OK.’
비나리 & 이대로 멈춰 (As I stop)