Wa$$up stopped by the SoundKstudio for this week’s AN’R Artist and Reperetiore with DJ SeeAn. Wa$$up (와썹) debut in 2013 as a combined effort between Sony Media and Mafia Record.
Jinju (진주) – Leader, vocal
Nada (나다) – Rapper
Sujin (수진) – Vocal
Woojoo (우주) – Maknae, vocal
Dain (다인) – Dancer, Rapper
Jiae (지애) – Vocal
Nari (나리) – Dancer, Vocal
– Nada has alwasy had a natural tan, and she got teased for it alot when she was younger
– Nada went to a performing arts high school, and majored in Asian Arts in college
– Nari picks out the best restuarant to eat at
– Sujin’s voice breaks alot in normalconversations but not when she sings
– Uju keeps track of the groups broadcasting schedules
– Jinju speaks intermediate level English and lived in New York for one and a half years
– Dain is the parent of the group
Q & A::
Q: Is there a male group you would like to do a collaboration with?
A: Shinhwa, because they portray a bright energy.
Q: What is the Meaning behin the name Wa$$up?
A: It is an American slang word for hello, but with a hiphop type of feel.
Q: Who is the prankster of thr group?
A: Everyone in the group likes to play pranks. If they had to choose just one member; Nada would be the main prankster. Nada chooses one member a day, and focuses her pranking energy on that one member.
Q: Who are your role models?
A: Nada- Nicki Minaj
Dain – Rihanna
Q: Do you girls ever have fights?
A: They dont really fight much. They have weekly group meeting where they talk about everything that going on with the group, and how they feel about various situations.