40 stopped by the SoundK studio for a Star Date with DJ SeeAn. 40 (forty/사십) is a male solo R&B singer-songwriter that debuted in 2011 under 40 Company. He is the Representative of 40 Company, and the Director of 40 Music Academy.
– 40’s debute single was ‘Give You’ (May 2011)
– His real name is Kim Hanjoon & was born May 18, 1988
– He was a trainee for 3 years at YG Entertainment where he met and became friends with Taeyang
– Hanjoon left YG to do his own music
– He is a religious person
– He doesn’t use the Internet very often
– Hanjoon is not someone who does many promo activities
– He is not shy but he has issues with being in unfamiliar places or situations
– Hanjoon works mostly by himself, because working with co-writers the music goes in a direction he doesn’t want to go into at that time.
Q & A::
Q: Why the name 40?
A: He took the number 40 from the bible. He uses the number 40 to represent the pain & hardships of life. By using the name 40 he is saying that he is overcoming the hardships to make and release his music.
Q: Why did you choice to do a cover of Vibe’s 술이야?
A: When he thinks of winter he thinks of the street stores that sell alcohol, and going to those place with friends for a good time.
Q: Have you ever experienced a slump with your music?
A: He has a slump every time he writes a new song. He gets so stressed when he focuses on his music he puts notes on his door saying “don’t even knock,” and he keeps his phone turned off.
봄을 노래하다 (Sing the Spring) & 술이야 (Drinking – Vibe)