G.NA was the Star Close Up in the Kpoppin studio with DJ Isak. G.NA (지나) is a Canadian Korean who debuted first as a member of girl group 5girls (오소녀) in 2010, now she is solo and currently under Cube Entertainment.
About the music::
Her recent single, 예쁜 속웃 (G.NA’s Secret), is something she want to release before her full length album comes out. She wanted to embrace her journey for girlhood to woman with this song. The song itself is about being in love at her age. The full length album is more medium tempo, rock, ballad, and raw.
– She was a trainee for 7-8 years before she debuted, and she is glad she was able to find herself and define her color during that time.
– She has a lucky towel she carries with her whenever she travels.
– She chose her debut song because she was brokenhearted at the time.
– She says her fashion style when not on schedule is more tomboyish than people expect from her.
– Her favorite food is jelly candies that she buys online from Canada.
– For G.NA sexy comes from the inside, and from confidence
Q & A::
Q: What do you miss about Canada?
A: The fresh air, the way people talk, and the maple syrup.
Q: Who would you like to collaborate with?
A: Some whose voice is compatible with hers, like Carly Rae jeppsen.
Q: How do you approach relationships?
A: She is all over the place when it comes to relationships. She not a love at first sight kind of girl. She likes to feel them out see if theres a spark there. For her it is all about chemistry. She said if it is ever reported that she is dating someone then it is okay for people to assume that there is amazing chemistry between her and whoever.
Q: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
A: Marry with at least 1 kid. If not marry yet then at least engaged to her forever love. Of course still doing music.
Q: Future plans?
A: She has a Whole album planed. The album is suppose to be more raw and more G.NA than any of her other works.