Kim Greem was this week’s Kpop Rising guest in the Super Kpop studio with DJ 1Kyne. Kim Greem (김그림) is a pop ballad style singer that debuted in 2011 under Nextar Entertainment.
About the music::
Her recent single, 밀어서 잠금해제 (Slide to unlock), is about a girl who wants to take a peek at her boyfriends phone. it is based off of her real life experience. It is her first try at R&B, and has a nice groove sound. She says that 너밖엔 없더라 (there was only you) is one of the songs that really represents her as an artist.
– This is her second time in the Super Kpop studio, she was previously on the show with DJ Sam Carter
– She would like her music to be compared to Nora Jones, and Amy Winehouse
– In the summer the thing that scares her the most ins gaining weight
– Her favorite ice-cream is Minty Choco
– Her life’s quote is “C’est la Vie” live happy. (lit. this is the life)
– She is very thankful she has fans all over the world, and that knowledge gives her strength
– When she is feeling down she sing to herself and it heals her
– She likes doing collaborations with rappers, and want to do one with Block B’s Zico
Q & A::
Q: Ideal type?
A: A very manly guy that can protect her. a guy that obssesses over her, and someone who is approachable
Q: If you were not a singer what would yo be doing?
A: She really doesn’t know what she would be doing. She has always wanted to be a singer since she was little, and still has a recording of a song she recorded when she was three.
Q: Have you ever looked at a boyfriends phone?
A: Yes, she had an ex-boyfriend that let her look at his phone. She then regretted looking at it, because she saw things that hurt her.
Q: What is your dream?
A: Her dream is to be happy in whatever she does, and wants the people around her to be just as happy
Q: Future plans?
A: Currently she is a love counceler on a tv talk show, Love Pawn Shop
밀어서 잠금해제 (Slide to Unlock) & 너밖엔 없더라 (There was only you)