Crush was the Hot New Face in the Kpoppin studio with DJ Isak. Crush (크러쉬) is a male soloist who made his unofficial debut in 2012. He made is official debut in 2014, and is currently under Amoeba Culture.
About the music::
Hey Baby was written with Zion T while fooling are the studio 2 years ago. It includes influences from Michael Jackson, Teddy Riley, 90s, and the early 2000s. Crush does the beat boxing that is near the beginning of the song.
– He would like to try a jazz concept
– The first artist Crush ever worked with was Loco
– He gets a lot of inspiration from the American music industry
– Crush likes zombie movies
– He choses a genre first and tries to get as much inspiration from that genre, and then puts that into his music
– Would like to go overseas to wherever they call him
– He has date more than 5 times
– Crush is really old school musically, and like Motown and Teddy Riley
– When he was younger could do a good impersonation of Bobby Kim
– He has a deep speaking voice
– Crush has never thought of joining a boy-band
Q & A::
Q: Why the name crush?
A: He wanted to start doing music in the 6th grade, but didn’t want to use his real name, because it sounded to Korean.
He says his real name, Shin Hyo Seob (신효섭), sounds like he should be singing traditional Korean songs. He choose Crush because he liked the meaning of the name, and has been using Crush ever since.
Q: How did you get started as a solo performer?
A: He has always been a producer, and used that as a building block to enter the underground scene. Then used it to work with the well known underground artist.
Q: How do you practice your vocal?
A: With such a deep speaking voice he surprisingly has high vocals. He uses songs he is comfortable with, or songs he likes.
Q: Future plans?
A: His one goal is to get an R&B award somewhere in the world at some point during the year.
Hug me (feat. Gaeko)