B.I.G (Boys In Groove) was in the Kpoppin studio for Hot New Face with DJ Isak. B.I.G (비아이지) is a boy band that debuted in 2014 under GH Entertainment.
J.Hoon (제이훈) – Leader, vocal, dance
Benji (벤지) – Vocal
Gunmin (건민) – Vocal, dance
Kook Minpyo (국민표) – Rap
Heedo (희도) – Maknae, rap
About the music::
‘안녕하세요 (Hello)’ is an introduction to Korea. It talks about Korean food, and things that Korea is good at. It was meant to be a “fighting” song to support Korea during the World Cup and the upcoming Asian games. It has a southern hiphop beat. The song also mention each of the members.
– Benji is from Seattle, USA and speaks fluent english
– J.hoon is in charge of the vocal high notes
– Benji plays the violin
– J.hoon was a street dancers for 8 yrs
– Gunmin is the manly man of the group, he doesn’t really show his softer side
– Benji has a short fuse with his temper
– Benji is the best cook
– Heedo sleeps the most
– J.hoon can’t live without coffee
– Benji was attending music school when he dropped out, and moved to Korea 3 yrs ago to become a singer
– Benji is short for Benjamin
– Benji had a dream to become a cook when he was younger
Q & A::
Q: What was your debut stage like?
A: They debuted about 2 wks ago. They didn’t make any mistake with the song or the choreography. However they had several technical difficulties with their microphones. Their mics would move around on their faces, some microphone packs fell off, and some others migrated from the mouth to the eye. Other than that all went well.
Q: What are your first impressions of each other?
A: Heedo was really quiet and in his own world most of the time, now he is a bit too outgoing. Benji felt like he had to show off his dance skills to Gunmin, because Gunmin was so good at dancing.
Q: What countries would you like to visit?
A: They all want to visit Seattle and see Ben’s house. Benji wants to visit Paris.
Q: Future plans?
A: Hopefully a 2nd single released by the end of the year, and more promotions.