Lucky J was int he SoundK studio for a Star Date with DJ Stephanie. Lucky J (럭키제이) is a project co-ed hip-hop group that debuted in 2014 under YMC Entertainment.
J-Kyun (제이켠) – Rap
Jessi (제시) – Vocal, rap
J-yo (제이요) – Vocal
About the music::
‘Run Devil Run’ is an SNSD song that they remade with a hip-hop feel. Jessi says ‘들리니 (Can you hear me?)’ is about the cliche subject of guy leaving a girl.
– Jessi went to high school with DJ Stephanie
– J-yo originally debuted as a member of idol group Touch.
– J-kyun released his first solo slbum in 2005 and after that went into the Korean underground scene for 10 yrs. to work on his music
– Jessi is fluent in English, and her full name is Jessica Ho
– The were nominateed to participate in the Youtube viral ASL ice bucket challenge
– Jessi debuted originally as Jessica Ho in 2005, when made a comeback in 2009, then left korea for 3 yrs. to refocus and recharge
Q & A::
Q: Why the name Lucky J?
A: If you take the lucky 7s from a slot machine, and flip them upside down they literally turn into Js. Therefore for them it is like a jackpot letter. Jessi adds the meaning that: they are lucky to have met each other.
Q: What were your first impressions of each other?
A: Jessi – When she first saw J-yo sing she wondered where such a young korean guy found the emotion to sing so soulfully (like american soul singers).
J-yo – Thought J-kyun was cold-hearted, but later found out the he is very warm-hearted.
J-kyun – When met everyone thought they would fit well together musically, and personality wise as well. Jessi had a strong first impression on him.
Q: If you saw your ideal type walking down the street what would you do?
A: J-kyun – if he saw a girl he was interested in he would look into her eyes and “eye speak” with her on a deeper level. He used to appoarch ladies first but now he doesn’t.
J-yo – he would just think to himself “that’s my type”
들리니 (can you hear me?) & Run Devil Run