Papercut Project was in the Super Kpop studio with DJ 1kyne for Kpop Rising. Papercut Project (페이퍼컷 프로젝트) is an accoustic group that debuted in 2012 under Lovewell Records
Chang In (고창인) – Vocal
Kyung Pyo (유경표) – Guitar
Do Hyun (김두현) – Percussion
– They came together as a group to express their music and themselves
– They randomly decide how to spend their free time, if the are sitting around and someone suggest going to the each they go to the beach, or whereever suggested
– Chang In likes to listen to rap and hiphop
– Dohyun likes to explore the scenery of different places when he goes to visit them
– They do lots of performances at cafe, and they like it because they are closeer to the listeners and can see how they react to the songs better
– Chang In gets inspiration from old 90s Korean music
– When Dohyun plays the gahoon instead of his hands (the most common practice) he uses a Jazz drum brush
– They all live in the same city, and are often in the Hongdae area
– Chang In was a rapper and switched to singing, but he doesn’t really believe he was ever a rapper. Though he did say that rap and hip-op helped him find himself.
Q & A::
Q: Why the name Papercut?
A: Changin said that their song ‘Papercut’ explains perfectly why they named the group papercut project (Author’s Note: I checked the translation and I still don’t get it)
Q: Have you had any memorable performances?
A: Their Makgeolli performance where they gave out free makgeolli drinks to everyone who was at the show
Q: Why did you call the band a “Minus-band”?
A: They give a way free stuff at their shows, rather than make a profit off of the things they give a way.
Q: What is your dream as Papercut Project?
A: They want to be a team that always brings great music
사랑에 빠질 수밖에 없는 얼굴 (A face you can’t help but fall in love with) & Papercut