Ukulele Picnic (우쿨렐레 피크닉) was the Kpop Rising guest in the SuperKpop studio with DJ Sam. Ukulele Picnic is an indie band that debuted in 2010 under From Charlie Label (프럼찰리 레이블).
Byung Hoon (이병훈) – Leader, producer, ukulele
Jin Ah (김진아) – Vocal, percussion, ukulele, Korean harp
Young Goo (홍영구) – Maknae
About the music::
When asked what kind of music they play Ukulele Picnic responded with Korean popular music, but with ukuleles.
– Byung Hoon’s English name Charlie.
– Jin Ah looks like a foreigner.
– Byung Hoon goes tot he ocean to get inspiration.
– Byung Hoon taught DJ Sam how to play a the children song “The Three Bears (곰 세 마리)” on the ukulele.
– Jin Ah and Young Goo learned how to play the ukulele from Byung Hoon. Byung Hoon says Jin Ah is like a genius, because she learned several chords in one day.
– During their free time: Charlie watches movies, and Young Goo reads books.
Q & A::
Q: Why the name Ukulele Picnic?
A: Ukulele because they play ukuleles, and Picnic because they want to give feel good easy listening music.
Q: What countries would you like to visit in the future?
A: Byung Hoon – South America (Chile, Brazil, Argentina, Colombia)
Q: How did you met each other?
A: Jin Ah featured on a few Ukulele Picnic tracks, and end up a permanent member.
Q: How long have you been playing the ukulele?
A: Byung Hoon has been playing for 5 years, and taught himself how to play the ukulele.
Q: What kind of music do you like the most?
A: Young Goo – ballads
Jin Ah – variety of music, including dance
남다른 총각 (Uncommon Boy)
알로하 기분 좋은 인사 (Aloha, Cheery Greeting)