Kebee was in the Kpoppin’ studio for Hot New Face with DJ Isak. Kebee (키비) is a member of Eluphant (이루펀트) debuted in 2004, and is currently under Brand New Music (브랜뉴뮤직).
– He real name is Issac Bae
– When writing he starts by writing down what he wants to say. Then if he feels like it needs another person he’ll reach out to them.
– The album was based off of dreams
– He is training himself to write his dreams down
– One of the songs on his album was written from a melody he heard in a dream where he was filming a MV and he remembered the melody, and write a song for it.
– When by himself he likes to read while listening to acoustic tracks.
– From what he is feeling right now his favorite song on the album is Holiday. It’s was written in his 20s and he’s been holding onto it waiting for a track that felt right with he.
– His ideal type is some he can always be curious about, and be interested in. Someone who he can ask about their work and what they do, and vice versa. Someone who shows passion for what they do.
– There’s concert coming up, but no dates are set yet, but it will be based on the Water album.
Q & A::
Q: What is the meaning behind the album title?
A: The title is Water, but it also stands for “walking across the escape room.” Which Is a reference to a submarine’s escape room. When a submarine fills with water the escape is where you go to escape. There are many meaning he wanted to put into the album title.
Q: What is “My Foreigner” about?
A: It’s about a guy who falls far foreigner, who is completely knew to Korea, and he wants to share Korea with the foreigner that he’s fallen for.
Q: Why do you have to listen to the album in order?
A: The album is telling a story. If you listen out of order the story doesn’t really make sense. It starts of in The Quite room. Where you start to dream, and then you leave there, and go into reality. The last song is called Welcome, because with the last song he welcomes you into his reality. During the album he changes the tone of his voice to draw you further into the story.
Q: What is one Korean food you would introduce to a foreigner?
A: 김치찜 (kimchi jjim (Braised Kimchi and Pork)). It takes a full half of kimchi cabbage, a big chunk of pork, and cooks the flavors together. It tastes similar to 김치찌개 (kimchi jjigae (Kimchi Stew)).
외국인(My Foreigner) feat. BrotherSu (브라더수)