Yun Ddan Ddan was in the SuperKpop studio for Kpop Rising with DJ Sam. Yun Ddan Ddan (윤딴딴) is a solo Indie musician that debuted in 2014 under Mirrorball Music.
– He says his favorite spring song is Busker Busker’s 고송이
– He wrote a song specifically for confessing to a girl.
– If he were an animal he would be a bird, because of the flying.
– The first song he learned to play on the guitar was a church song.
– His mom is a piano teacher.
– He majored in music.
– While talking to DJ Sam during a song break, it was discovered that Yun Ddan ddan used to live very closed to DJ Sam, but DJ Sam recently moved.
– He likes to play football games on play station.
– He likes the warm sunshine of summer time. He is not a fan or winter time, because he gets cold very easily.
– He couldn’t figure out what female artist he wanted to do a collaboration with,and ended up doing an ‘Elimination Battle’ until last female available was Suzy. But it was a close battle between Suzy, IU, & Hyorin.
Q & A::
Q: What is the meaning of 딴딴 (ddan ddan)? Why do you use it?
A: 딴딴 (Ddan ddan) is used in Korea to describe someone who sits around all day entertaining people (like a struggling entertainer). His teacher started calling him that, and at first he didn’t like it because it has a negative connotation to it. But he grew used to it, and put his last name with it to create 윤딴딴 (Yun Ddan ddan).
Q: What is your writing process?
A: When writing songs if it doesn’t come out the way he wants it to then he figures there must be a reason for that. So he puts it aside and moves on to something else.
Q: Your style is very unique, which musician do you think inspired you to become a musician?
A: Park Hyo Shin (박효신), Kim Dong Ryul (김동률), & Jason Mraz
니가 보고싶은 밤 (The Night I Miss You)
겨울을 걷는다 (Walking in the Winter)