Ryan was in the SoundK studio for You Who Came From The Stars with DJ Leah. Ryan debuted in 2012, and is currently under A-soul Publishing (에이소울퍼블리싱).
– Ryan is an R&B singer, songwriter, and producer.
– His real name is Choi Jeong Geon (최정건).
– He didn’t want to be on TV shows because he is usually a composer and gives his song to others.
– He used to be a writer for JYPE and that’s how artist like 2PM received his music.
– He has never met Zion.T but he would really like to met him.
– Ryan has over 10 albums of his own under his belt, as well as several songs he composed on the albums of other artist.
– He says that as a student studying was not his friend, so instead he did a lot of singing, dancing, and part times jobs.
– Ryan says he’s always had a part time job or some sort of employment since he was 17.
– He likes to playing games, but he wants to play with the people in his studio but, there not a lot of two player games. He likes to play a certain popular soccer game.
– Ryan says that at first his parents were closed off about his music career. Now they are more open about it since they are seeing the fruits of his labor (the allowance he sends them).
– Ryan has a new single coming out in April. He is having a concert in May.
Q & A::
Q: Several of your albums have “the legendary” in the title. Are they a series?
A: They are a series with music specifically inspired by certain people, and certain styles of music.
Q: After having do many albums why are you now deciding to debut as an artist?
A: There were many times when he would give a song to somebody and feel like “that should have been mine”. That is why he decided to debut as an artist. So he could do more of his own music.
Q: What are your goals for your music career?
A: He has two different goals. As a singer he just wants people to listen to his music, and chill. As a producer he wants to be worldwide #1, and have people know he produced the song just by listening to it.
Q: Why did you pick Ryan as your stage name / Producer name?
A: His friend gave him a list of names, and he picked Ryan because in Greek it means ‘young prince.’