JENYER & Samuel Seo were in the Kpoppin studio for Be My Super Star with DJ Isak. JENYER (전지윤 / Ji Yoon) debuted in 2009, as a member of the girl group 4Minute, under Cube Entertainment (큐브 엔터테인먼트). Samuel Seo (서사무엘) is a rapper that debuted in 2015 under Craft & Jun (크래프트앤준).
– Jenyer likes Bambi for no particular reason. In the MV she transforms into Bambi.
– Samuel Seo used to live in Canada, Tokyo Japan ,& Florida USA. Samuel’s English is almost fluent.
– ‘자석 (Magnet)’ is about a guy & a girl who are literally attracted to each other like magnets.
– Samuel has a lot of tattoos & is tone deaf according to his music when he was living in Japan.
– After a long day of work or when she has down time Jenyer just goes home & does nothing.
– ‘Cliché’ is a neon soul track looking at the different sides of a relationship.
– Samuel wanted to be a professional skate boarder but he broke his leg and let the dream go. He also wanted to be a medal vocalist.
– Samuel is a Marilyn Manson fan.
– Jenyer has high alcohol tolerance & is a good dancer.
– Samuel likes to go the coffee shops, and if he had lots of money he’d like to give to charity.
– Samuel’s ideal type is a confident girl.
– Jenyer loves classical music.
– When writing songs the lyrics come first for Samuel, and Jenyer thinks of the concept and atmosphere of the song first,
– Samuel fixed his tone deafness by constantly recording the songs he has written. Before his label signed him on he says no one had complimented him on his vocals.
Q & A::
Q: How did you start meeting?
A: Jenyer sent him a direct message on SNS. He thought it was from a fake account. He answered anyway and things went from there.
Q: Plans for the rest of the year?
A: Samuel – is having an album release May 24th, a concert in June, maybe another album in the fall. Samuel also wants to put a band together by the end of year.
Jenyer – another single released in June. Maybe…
Q: What was your first impression of each other?
A: Samuel – thought she would behave like a celebrity, but she was very humble and like a girl next door.
Jenyer – thought he was a bit scary because of all the tattoos.
Q: What was it like working together for the first time?
A: Jenyer & Samuel had never met, or worked together before. Therefore naturally they were in disagreement about a lot of things when making the song. Because they didn’t know each others likes & dislikes, or what each other was comfortable with.