Day 6 was in the SuperKpop studio for K-Star & Live with DJ Sam. Day 6 (데이식스) is a boy band that debuted in 2016 under Studio J a subsidiary of JYPE.
Sungjin (성진) – Leader, Guitarist, Vocalist
Jae (재) – Guitarist, Vocalist, Rapper, Visual
Young K (영케이) – Rapper, Vocalist, Bassist
Wonpil (원필) – Vocalist, Visual, Synthesizer
Dowoon (도운) – Maknae, Drummer
– The members in the studio were Jae, Dowoon, & Wonpil.
– Jae has been dubbed the swag member.
– Wonpil & Dowoon are learning English.
– Jae is fluent in English.
– When doing music it is important to go where the music takes you, and write everything down so the ideas aren’t lost.
– There inspiration for the sudden beat change in ‘Dance Dance’ was the summer vibe they got from it. They were wondering what to do with the rap part, and the only thing that made since was reggae.
– Jae is happiest eating & sleeping. Dowoon is happiest when in feeling the love of fans and when they sing along with their songs when they are performing.
– According Jae, Wonpil speaks gibberish most of the time, but also says the most random words of wisdom. One time Wonpil told Jae “the answer to life is a part of God we’ve yet to solve.”
– Jae is a the groups shameless self promoter.
Q & A::
Q: What is ‘Dance Dance’ about?
A: ‘Dance Dance’ it’s a song that says let’s be lighthearted, let’s party, let’s dance, ‘who cares?’. It’s a feel good song.
Q: Can you describe your members in one word?
A: Dowoon – weird (says Jae)
Wonpil – bro (says Dowoon)
Jae – fresh (says Wonpil)
Q: What is your favorite English phrase?
A: Dowoon – no pain no gain
Wonpil – this too shall pass
Q: If you could switch bodies with a member which member would you switch with? Why?
A: Dowoon – Young K, because he is muscular
Wonpil – Jae because he is tall.