MoonMoon was in the SuperKpop studio for Kpop Rising with DJ Sam. MoonMoon (문문) made his original debut in 2014 as a member of (저수지의 딸들). He made is solo debut in 2016, and is currently not with an agency.
– His real name is 김영신 (Kim Young Shin)
– MoonMoon gets his inspiration from his life’s story, pictures he’s seen, and landscapes he’s passed by, and develop them together into a new sound.
– He doesn’t sing his own songs at karaoke rooms, because he rarely goes, and when he does go its at night after singing his own stuff all day long.
– He would like to collaborate with Paul Kim, and said its something that might be happening in the near future.
– If MoonMoon could travel to any country he would like to go to Budapest Hungry, because when it rains it’s a beautiful city to be in.
– He loves to travel, and has traveled to several places in South Korea, but he’s never been abroad.
– He used to be in the military as a career from age 21-26, and started seriously pursuing music at age 24 when he realized being in the military wasn’t fun for him anymore.
– MoonMoon has about 30 tattoos including his dog’s name, his grandma’s name, & his favorite cartoon character Atom.
Q & A::
Q: What is the history behind your name, MoonMoon?
A: The meaning behind the name is “there are so many songs in the universe that he’d be happy to just go to the moon and sing.”
Q: How did IU (아이유) end up recommending your song?
A: He was working at a Chinese restaurant that IU happened to be at, and wanted IU to hear his song, so he wrote down the information about his song on a napkin and gave it to her. IU must have listened to it because she later highly recommended it.
Q: What is 비행운 (Contrail) about?
A: It’s a song about a plane going through a cloud, and the difference between that and his reality right now.
Q: What is the hardest part about not being in an agency, and promoting by yourself?
A: Right now nothing is hard about it, but in the winter time when he is getting ready to release a full album it might get a little complicated. (A/N: One very good thing about it is complete artistic freedom.)
비행운 (Contrail) & 물감 (Paint)