Sumin was in the Kpoppin’ studio for Be My Super Star with DJ Isak. Sumin (수민) is an indie artist that debuted in 2015 under Luv Jones Records.
– Her mom was a piano instructor, and wanted her to learn piano, but Sumin didn’t like it, but grew to be thankful for those lessons as she started to pursue music.
– She would’ve loved to have collaborated with Michael Jackson.
– The first thing she does everyday is get into her workspace, and work on her music, whether she uses the track or not.
– There are times when she listens to old tracks she’s put together, and thinks to herself “Did I write this drunk?” and then puts it into the recycle bin.
– Her CEO, DJ Noah is so charismatic that he intimidated her at first.
– She’s a fan of JinBo, and when she worked with him she was very nervous.
– About a year ago (2016) she released n EP that she produced completely by herself.
– She’s a fan of DJ Bernard (Music Access).
Q & A::
Q: How did you come up with the concept for the Sparkling album?
A: She started with the song Sparkling, and then started thinking about songs to match. She loves 90s and early 2000s R&B, and thought about putting songs together with a Motown feel.
Q: What kind of track is Sparkling?
A: She didn’t write to be a summer song, but as you listen it gives off a summer vibe with refreshing lyrics.
Q: Who changed the most while you were working with BTS (BangTan Sunyeondan / Bullet Proof Boys)?
A: Jimin, because he came to the studio in no condition to sing, but showed his passion for music, and because of that she has lots of respect for him.