Young Cream & Gento were in the Kpoppin’ studio for Be My Super Star with DJ Isak. Young Cream (영크림) debuted in 2011, and Gento (젠토) debuted in 2017. They are both under BM Entertainment.
– They met via the Internet and became best friends.
– Gento was born in Italy.
– Young Cream was in high school when he started rapping.
– They don’t watch a lot of Hip-hop survival shows.
– Young Cream posts lots of his childhood pictures on SNS because he thinks he was cute.
– They can tell how the other is feeling just by looking at his face.
– Gento still has issues with figuring out how to address people when he meets them.
– When asked if they could ever do a diss battle with each other they said “No,” because they know too much about each other.
– Young Cream says Gento’s hidden talent is his Italian skills.
Q & A::
Q: How did you come up with Surfin’?
A: Gento was in the studio with a friend who makes beats, and he liked the way it sounded. Gento started playing around with a song and that’s how Surfin’ was born.
Q: How did you get a chance to attend the Grammys?
A: Young Cream’s CEO knew someone who works with the Grammys. That’s how he got invited to the Grammys. It was a very eye-opening experience for him.
Surfin’ (Gento ft. Young Cream)
Bye Bye Sea was in the SuperKpop studio for Music Stage with DJ Sam. Bye Bye Sea (안녕바다) is a boy band that debuted in 2009 and currently, they aren’t under a label.
Namu (나무/김선국) – Leader, Vocal, Guitar
Myungje (우명제) – Bass
Sunje (우선제) – Maknae, Guitar
– Sunje’s hidden talent us impersonating Michael Jackson.
– They fight a lot over food, TV, and laundry.
– The enjoy being near the seaside especially Ohan (오한)’s beach (aka mother sea).
– Sunje was dubbed the human jukebox by DJ Sam.
– New Kids on the Block was Myungje first album. Sunje’s was Backstreet Boys.
– One of Sunje’s hobbies is drawing.
– When Sunje first started learning music the first thing he learned was the guitar rift from Nirvana’s ‘Come As You Are.’
– Namu loves spending money on food.
– Their first MV is animated and was drawn by Sunje.
– One of Myungje’s biggest role models was his dad.
Q & A::
Q: Why did you leave your label?
A: They were with a company for 9 years and decided if we don’t go our own way now it might never happen. So they left the company and now take turns driving to their promotions. Some parts of songs are recorded at their homes.
Q: What is will it rain about?
A: It relates rain to the feeling in the heart during a breakup.
Q: If they weren’t doing music what would you be doing?
A: Sungje would probably be a stylist because he has loved clothes from a young age.
오늘도 비가 올까요 (Will it rain today too?)
별 빛이 내린다(Falling Starlight)
Yozoh was in the SoundK studio for You Who Came from the Stars with DJ Leah. Yozoh (요조) debuted in 2007 under Magic Strawberry Sound (매직스트로베리사운드).
– Her real name is 신유진 (Shin Yoojin).
– 보는 사람 (Observing person) is part of the movie she directed last year. It’s about how just observing can make you strong but can also make you weak. It is her reaction to the Sewol Ferry incident.
– She likes to drink alone. ( A/N: So do I.)
– She has done some acting. Her first role was in a movie.
– She owns a bookstore. It was originally in Seoul, but when she moved to Jeju Island she moved the bookstore there too.
– Her manager was a fan of hers when she was working as a DJ, he used to send messages to her everyday saying, “I’m here” or “I’m going to school today,” pretty much telling her his schedule. One day he quit his job and she saw him at her company applying for a job.
– When asked what she was good at she said crying. She says she doesn’t believe in tears, because she cries so much, sometimes for no reason at all.
– She said she doesn’t to listen to music.
– 그런 사람 (That kind of person) was written as a gift to a friend on her wedding day.
Q & A::
Q: How did you pick your stage name, Yozoh?
A: She slowly started Yozoh as her nickname for SNS after reading a Japanese novel ‘No Longer Human.’ She related so much to the male lead in the story because he seemed like the male version of her younger self. She thought about using her real name when she was promoting but decided to use Yozoh.
Q: How did you get into music?
A: She got into music when she was working at a part-time job at a jazz bar. They needed someone to do a guide vocal and liked her vocals so much they decided to use it in the official release, but they didn’t tell her. She found out when a CD arrived in her mailbox with her name in the credits.
Q: How did you get your first acting job?
A: The director saw her videos on YouTube and wanted her to play a character in his movie that was unrealistic. He picked her because she had no acting experience.
그런 사람 (That kind of person)
Paul Kim was in the SuperKpop studio for Music Stage with DJ Sam. Paul Kim (폴김) debuted in 2014 and he is currently under Neuron Music (뉴런뮤직).
– He participated in TV shows, 유희열의 스케치북 (Yoo Heeyeol’s Sketch Book), and 불후의 명곡 (Immortal Song).
– ‘Stranger’ is a song that Paul feels people need to listen to because it’s about being lonely even though they are surrounded by people.
– One of his favorite places in Los Angeles, California is the beach.
– In college, he studied International Management.
– His favorite instrument is the traditional Korean drum.
– Paul’s favorite international artist is Michael Buble.
– He doesn’t consider his music style to be Indie.
Q & A::
Q: What is the song 길 (The Road) about?
A: The song is about his journey to achieving his dream.
Q: Which girl group would you like to give one of your songs to?
A: He’s not thought about giving his music to anyone.
Q: What are your plans for the foreseeable future?
A: Part 2 of the album is coming out in a few more months. That will be followed by a full album version. In December he will be having a 2-day concert.
길 (The Road)