N-Sonic was in the SoundK studio for a Star Date with DJ SeeAn. N-Sonic (엔소닉) is a 6 member hiphop group that debuted in 2011 and is under C2K Entertainment.
J-heart – Leader, rapper, vocal, dancer
Black J – Rapper
Minkee (민기) – Vocal
Byul (별) – Vocal
Sihoo (시후) – Maknae, vocal
Zion (시온) – Vocal
About the music::
‘Run N Run’ is about not giving up on you dreams, and has a hiphop rock sound. Forever was written by J-heart.
– Zion cried at a Japanese performance while performing a TVXQ song
– Minkee is the most active on twitter
– They live in a dorm system
– They did a cameo in a malaysian movie that was filmed at a Korean airport
– Sihoo and Minkee perform girl group dances at every show to make fans smile, this is also their hidden talent
– They started out on variety show Infinity Girls
– Some members are very good at Japanese, and J-heart know a little bit of English
– Eunho, Jonguk, and Yunjun left the group for personal reasons
– Sihoo does a short imitation of Hyunseung (Beast/TroubleMaker)
Q & A::
Q: What does N-Sonic mean?
A: The ‘N’ stands for neo/new, and ‘Sonic’ stands for sonic sound waves. All together they represent the new sound waves.
Q: What do the members mean to you? Family or just co-workers?
A: They are like a second family to each other. They think fans like them so much because they can feel the love between the members.
Q: Who do you shares you sadness and happiness with?
A: Black J talks with his parents when he feels sad, or happy.
Minkee tells his troubles, and shares his happiness with Sihoo.
Forever (the very first live performance of this song ever)
DJ SeeAn had a Star Date with Airplane this week. Airplane (에어플레인) is a male hiphop trio that debuted in 2013 under Winning Insight and Plane Entertainment.
M.nine (엠나인/박성준) – Leader, rapper
Minki (성민기) – Vocal
Bokiri (보기리/정보길) – Maknae, rapper
About the music::
The lyrics for their single 전화줌 받아 (answer the phone) was written by Mnine and Bokiri; Bokiri also helped in the composition of the music. This song talks about a guy who calls his girlfriend, but she doesn’t answer the phone.
– The group says Mnine is the most comfortable with women
– Bokiri likes girl who are very unique. Her uniqueness is her power
– Minki wants someone who can comort his glass like mentality
– Mnine like girls similar to actress Chaewon (채원). He likes her looks
– They always write lyrics based on their experiences
– Bokiri’s freestyle rap is has a lot of cursing, must be radio edited
– Their fandom is Airport (airplane + support)
– Bokiri also goes by the name Jay Kata
Q & A::
Q: What is the meaning behind the group name?
A: At first it didn’t have a meaning they were just going with the sound of it. Later they decided to have it mean “let’s fly, let’s go high”
Q: Your ideal musical concept?
A: They don’t want to be trapped by the boundaries of categories like soft hiphop. They want to do diverse styles and versions of hiphop. They want to put out music they love and hope other will like it too.
Q: What is you strategy for getting recognized amongst all the group that debuted this year?
A: Minki and Mnine are 28 years old o they wanted to debut quickly. They thought that debuting now was the right thing to do because the kpop industry is booming right now. They wanted to get in on some of that popularity before the global kpop craze fizzled out.
Q: What were your first impressions of each other?
A: Bokiri though Minki looked handsome. Minki didn’t like Bokiri at first; he thought Bokiri was too outgoing. Now he just hunks he is cute.
Q: What are your plans for the future?
A: Working on releasing a 3rd single before he year is over. A mini album is being planned for some point next year.
전화줌 받아 (Answer the phone)