Stay Puller was in the Kpoppin’ studio for Be My Super Rookie with DJ Isak. Stay Puller (스테이플러) is a co-ed Indie group that debuted in 2017 under Mindmill Ent.
Shinik (신익) – Leader, Guitarist, Vocalist
Jiho (지호) – Drummer
Yunhee (연희) – Keyboardist, Pianist, Synthesizer
Hyunsang (현상) -Guitarist
Suhyun (수현) – Maknae, Bassist
– In his free time Hyunsang like to go out and see the sights since he hasn’t been on Jeju Island very long. He came down to Jeju and about 4 months later he joined Stay Puller.
– They’ve been about year that they’ve been a band.
– Stay Puller is a local Jeju Island band.
– The Leader, Shinik, is from Jeju then he moved to Seoul, and came back to Jeju and was thinking about his existence in Jeju. “Yhy did I come back?” is a question he often thought about.
– Their group chat is only for work.
– Two members live on the other side of the island from the other members.
– If something happens to the vocalist can Jiho take over, according to the other members he sings along during practices so he knows the lyrics and he has a nice voice.
– Shinik chose all the members himself.
– They don’t spend much time together outside of work, because they don’t live close enough together.
– Suhyun thinks the is something charming about Cellos.
– Shinik would like to try bass if he were born again.
Q & A::
Q: Have you ever had writers block?
A: Shinik feels like he’s in a bit of a slump right now, because the lyrics for one of the songs he is working on for their next album is evading him. The music is ready but the lyrics aren’t coming to him.
Q: What is one thing you like the most about Jeju?
A: Shinik – going up to Halla-san Mountain the winter time.
Hyunsang – bicycling on Udo Island.
Q: Future plans?
A: They will be part of Arirang Radios open mic performances. They hope to have their next album out before the year is over.
가시나무 (Thorn Tree)
Snuper was in the SuperKpop studio for K-Star & Live with DJ Sam. Snuper (스누퍼) is a boy band that debuted in 2015 under Widmay Entertainment (위드메이엔터테인먼트).
Taewoong (태웅) – Leader, Rapper
Sangho (상호) – Vocalist
Sangil (상일) – Vocalist
Suhyun (수현) – Vocalist
Woosung (우성) – Vocalist
Sebin (세빈) – Maknae, Rapper
– They did promotions in Japan and reached number 2 on the Oricon chart.
– Sangil’s birthday is today (5/1).
– Sebin is the aegyo member.
– The selca king is Sebin.
– They said that all the members are fan service kings.
Q & A::
Q: Can you tell us about your recent comeback?
A: The song is called ‘백허그 (Back:Hug)’ and it has a nice vibe that shows their transition from boys to men. The point dance is the kicker dance part of the choreography.
Q: Who would you like to collaborate with and why?
A: Sangil – Baek Yerin , he was very shy about saying her name, because he is her fan, but he doesn’t believe she’d accept him as a collaboration partner.
해줄게 (I’ll do it)
N*White (앤화이트) was the Star Close-up in the Kpoppin studio with DJ Isak. N*White debuted in 2013 under J&J Entertainment (J&J 엔터테인먼트).
Soo Hyun (수현) – Leader, main vocal
Ha Kyung (하경) – vocal
Soo Bin (수빈) – Rap, vocal
– Ha Kyung has experience with acting, and the members think her acting was on point for the music video.
– Soo Hyun admits to falls in love in the blink of an eye.
– The members think Soo Bin is gradually getting prettier everyday, and is also little too conscious of how she looks.
– Soo Hyun’s hidden talent is imitating SNSD’s Tae Yeon.
– The members think Soo Hyun eats the most.
– The members say Ha Kyung’s private image is completely different from the one she shows on TV.
– The relieve stress and relax they eat.
– Their album Paradise has a concept of Peter Pan and Wendy.
Q & A::
Q: What does the name stand for?
A: N*White stands for natural white. They want to give the impression that they can transform any genre into their own style.
Q: What is your ideal type?
A: Soo Hyun – currently Oh Hyuk of the band Hyukoh
Soo bin – guys with nice bodies (Kim Woo Bin)
Ha Kyung – someone with a very sexy mind that she can learn from
Q: What are your favorite colors?
A: Soo Bin – red
Ha Kyung – white
Soo Hyun – blue
Q: Who would you like to collaborate with?
A: Ha Kyung – She wants to keep an open mind, but if she had to chose she’d probably pick SNSD.
Soo Bin – Bada
Soo Hyun – MC Mong
uKiss was in the SoundK studio for Star Date II with DJ SeeAn. uKiss (유키스) debuted in 2008 as a 7 member boy band. They are now a 6 member group under NHMedia.
Kevin (케빈) – Maknae, vocal
Eli (일라이) – Rap
Hoonmin (훈민) – Vocal
Soohyun (수현) – Leader, vocal
AJ (에이제이) – Rap
Kiseop (기섭) – Vocal
About the music::
They recently released their 8th mini album titled ‘Moments’. The album have 7 songs and 1 instrumental. The title track 내 여자야 (she’s mine) is a warning to other to back away from “my girl.” The track is a hiphop song, which is a genre they had not tried before.
– Kevin thinks Soohyun is the messiest in the group
– When in Korea Soohyun is the main speaker
– Kevin, Eli, & AJ use English when ordering room service when abroad.
– Eli wants to spend Christmas in Fiji
– Hoonmin secretly filmed Soohyun dancing naked at home
– Soohyun took the SAT twice, didn’t like his first score so took it again and got a worse score
– Hoon is on leave from university
– AJ is a student at Colombia Univesity, current take 1 year break
– Soohyun cut his curly hair so he can focus on school studies.
– Alexander & Kibum left the group soon after their debut and were replaced by Hoon and Kiseop
– Dongho left the group in 2013 due to health issues
Q & A::
Q: What is the last album you bought?
A: Eli – Primary
Soohyun – Elvis
Q: Kevin what do you do in you free time?
A: Ride his bike, go to the river near his home, and just spend time with friends
Q: Which member would you pick to be on you Apocalypse team?
A: Kiseop – Hoon because he is the manliest
Eli – Kevin because he is good at running away
Q: AJ who is the first person you think of in the morning?
A: Mom because he is hungry when he wakes up
Q: Do you remember the biggest fight you’ve ever had with your members?
A: About 2 years ago Eli ate AJ’s late piece of 불고기 (a type of meat). Eli asked if he could have a piece, and then just took it without waiting for the answer. This incident upset AJ.
내 여자야 (she’s mine)