The Boss stopped by the SoundK studio for a Star Date with DJ SeeAn. The Boss (대국남아) is a 5 member boyband debuted in 2010 under Open World Entertainment. They are now under Poom Entertainment. In 2013 The Boss released Chapter II their 2nd Korean mini album.
Mika (미카) -Vocal
Injun (인준) – Vocal
Jay (제이) – Maknae, vocal
Hyunmin (현민) – Visual, vocal
Karam (카람) – Vocal
– DGNA is an acronym for 대국남아 (Dae Guk Nam Ah)
– Karam will be turning 24 on his next birthday, and still has a baby face.
– There is no rapper I the group, but Injun is good at beat-boxing.
– If they have fan meeting he wants to sing Acapella for the fans.
– They want to be like DBSK/TVXQ because they learned so much by watching them perform
– Injun think he looks better with short, but his fans miss his long hair.
– Mika likes to decorate himself in a way that is different from others. He were color contacts as a form of expression.
Q & A::
Q: What has changed the most since your debut?
A: Karam takes better care of his body, and Hyunmin thinks his head has gotten bigger.
Q: When coming back to Korea did anyone experience reverse culture shock?
A: Injun was so used to Japanese food that he can no longer eat Korea’s spicy foods. He also wasn’t that good at speaking Korean, and feels that he is even worse at speaking Korean now.
Q: How did you survive living in Japan?
A: It was lonely in Japan because they had no family or friends there. It was also a good time for them because they became more dependent on each other, and grew closer to each other.
Q: Future hair concepts you would like to try?
A: Karam wants to go platinum. Mika wants to do half his head white and te ore half red.
We are together
M.I.K was a special guest in the Kpoppin studio with DJ Isak. M.I.K (Move in Key) is a hiphop group that debuted in late 2013 under Global Artist Entertainment (G.A. Ent).
U.shin (유신) – Leader, charisma
Jay (제이) – Vocal
Czero (세로) – Vocal
Sakoo (사쿠) – Maknae, rapper
About the music::
Their debut single ‘떠나버려 (get away)’ is about people who want a proper relationship. However, it is impossible to have a proper relationship with the person they’re with so they just walk away. ‘우리는‘ is about how people feel when they don’t know why they’re living, and are looking for answers to that question.
– Sakoo is from Australia
– U.shin and DJ Isak have known each other for 13 years
– Sakoo’s real name is Isak. sakoo is Japanese for Isak.
– Czero likes to drink the Zero beverage, and named himself after it
– According to the members Jay is the idol of the group
– Jay used to be the member who nagged the most, but now U.shin nags the most
– Jay & U.shin have already done their military time
– Sakoo was a tennis player but quit because he is vertically challenged
– In their free time they mostly just sleep, because it’s getting colder
Q & A::
Q: How did the name M.I.K come to be?
A: They came up with the M.I.K first then had to find something for it to stand for. They eventually settled on Move in Key, where the keys are musically keys. They want to move into people hearts with their music.
Q: Is there a commercial (CF) you want to do in the future?
A: Czero – soda CF
U.shin – car CF
Sakoo – Arirang CF
Jay – Cosmetics CF
Q: Now that you’ve debuted is there a celebrity you really want to meet?
A: Czero – taeyang
Sakoo – DJ Isak
U.shin – Apink’s
Jay – Wonder Girls
Q: There is a country I would really like to go visit?
A: Sakoo – Australia, would like to go back home and visit
Czero & U.shin – Malaysia
Jay – Boraguae
Q: What were you first impressions of each other?
A: Sakoo thought Czero was kind of scary, & he was disappointed that Jay didn’t look like his picture. He also thought U.shin looked really handsome in a leather jacket.
Q: How was your debut stage? How did you feel being able to debut?
A: Jay thought he would be nervous but he really wasn’t. U.shin was excited, nervous, and had lots of fun on stage. Sakoo had mixed feelings about finally debuting. Czero was disappointed he was not able to show 100% of what he practiced.
Q: What is your ideal type?
A: U.sihin – killer legs and long hair (성유리)
Jay – around nice girl
Sakoo – cute and speaks English
Czero – sexy and tall
Q: What artist do you consider to be you mentor/ someone you look up to?
A: U.shin – Will Smith because he is a great actor, performer, and father
Sakoo – Will.i.am because he does so much work for bettering the world, and he is good on stage
Q: When did you first feel like your members were really family?
A: U.shin thought they were really like a family when people would talk about the members with out knowing what they were talking about, and he would defend his members. Jay thought they were family when members got sick and they would take each other to the doctor, and get each other medicines.
떠나버려 (Get away) & Isn’t she lovely
Fiestar had a Star Date with DJ SeeAn in the SoundK studio. Fiestar (피에스타) is a girl group that debuted in 2012 under Loen Entertainment / Collabodadi.
Jei (제이) – Leader, vocal
Linzy (린지) – Vocal
Hyemi (혜미) – Vocal
Cheska (체스카) – Rapper, vocal
Yezi (예지) – Maknae, rapper, vocal
Cao Lu (차오루) – Vocal
– Cheska is from USA, and Cao Lu is from China
– Cheska has the most aegyo
– Yezi is the most different on and off camera
– The group has been on a year hiatus
– Cheska would like to get married in 4yrs, but that might not be possible so maybe in 7yrs.
– Hyemi’s first love was in her second year of high school
– Hyemi went to an all girls high school
– Every time Cheska goes to the gym she works out for 5 hours.
– Jei’s favorite Fiestar song so far is 비스타, because it is the first song they performed on stage.
– Cheska is not a diet person, and has a habit of eating in her sleep if food is around her while she’s sleeping.
Q & A::
Q: Where does the name Fiestar come from?
A: Fiestar is a combination of the Spanish word ‘fiesta (party)’ and the English word ‘star’.
Q: Do you have dating restrictions?
A: Their company encourages them to go out and date, because it is believed that emotions of dating will come rough in their music. Since they have busy schedules there is no time for dating, although there are some guys who have caught their attention.
|Group Member||Attention Grabber|
|Hyemi & Cao Lu||K.will|
Q: How did you come to Korea?
A: Cao Lu came to Korea to study Korean and Film Studies. While studying Film she discovered that she like being on camera. She then decided being a singer might be something worth pursuing.
– Cheska was in America studying Fashion and was contacted by a producer who saw online videos of her dancing. Her parents told her to go to Korea and now here she is.
Q: Are there any fans that stand out in your mind?
A: There is a male fan who does a cheer routine for the group all by himself during some of their performances. They can’t help but give him their attention when they hear that familiar voice cheer for them. Cao Lu has winked at him.