Badkiz was the Star Close-up in the Kpoppin studio with DJ Isak. Badkiz (배드키즈) is a girl group that debuted in 2014 under ZOO Entertainment.
Monika (모니카) – Leader, main vocal
Jina (지나) – Rap, vocal
Bombom (봄봄) – Vocal
Yoo Min (유민) – Vocal
Hana (하나) – Maknae, vocal
– Monika is of mixed background, and is fluent in Korean, German, and English
– Bombom is a home body when she has free time
– Monika is the mom of the group and all around girly girl
– Lately Jina has been getting over excited on stage and Monika has to tell her to calm down
– Bombom completely forgot that her birthday is November 14 until a fan reminded her over the radio.
– Jina feels her strong point is that she is very honest
– Because Monika is of mixed blood her features tend to be very strong, therefore, sometimes she wishes she had Hana’s innocent features.
– Bombom eats the most
– Monika was a trainee for 8 years
– Jina wants to get married quickly, because she fell in love with one of the triplets on Superman Returns.
– One of the members wants to be reborn as a male idol. Because her dream was always to be a male idol.
Q & A::
Q: Why the name Badkiz and what does it mean?
A: Badkiz means bad kids, and they choose this name because they want to be rebels in the kpop scene.
Q: Is there anyone you would like to collaborate with now that you’ve officially debuted?
A: Block B, because they have charisma and know how to have fun on stage. Plus they happen to be huge Block B fans.
Q: Future plans?
A: Since they just released their second digital album they are going to continue with promotion for it. They may also appear on variety shows and various music shows. They might be going overseas in the next few months/weeks.
Bob Girls was in the Hot New Face in the Kpoppin studio with DJ Isak. Bob Girls (단발머리) is a 4 member girl group that debuted in 2014 under Chrome Entertainment.
Yoo Jung (유정) – Rap, vocal
Dahye (다혜) – Main vocal
Jina (지나) – Sub-vocal
Danbi (단비) – Maknae, lead vocal
About the music::
Their debut single album, “The 1st Single Album,” contains 2 songs. “No way” has a sexy charismatic concept accompanied by a rhythmic dance. It is about a girl who falls for a bad guy. On the flip side “Wae-i-rae (왜이래)” has a cutesy concept.
– Jina makes the most mistakes when learning choreography, but when she finally gets it down she makes it her own.
– Danbi doesn’t show her a emotions often
– They live together and they don’t really have an umma in the group, but Jina is the closest to being the umma.
– Yoo Jung turns on the eye charm when she feels that she is about to meet someone in which she needs to promote herself. It is almost like she gains confidence just for throw situations.
– According to the members Dahye pays to much attention to her appearance
Dahye’s nickname is “How do I look? (나 어때?)”
– Danbi and Jina share a room, and Yoo Jung and Dahye share the other room
Q & A::
Q: Why the name Bob Girls?
A; Their CEO picked the name, and it has a cultural meaning behind it. In Korea when a girl cuts her hair shot she is trying to change her image, forget lost loves, or to look more mature. In so doing they want to show that they as a group can change/adapt to everything the industry and throw at them.
Q: If you had the chance to perform somewhere outside of Korea where would it be?
A: Jina – Australia
Yoo Jung – China
Danbi – Philippines
Q: Do you have any weird habits?
A: Jina has to sleep with a towel to cuddle with before she con sleep. Dahye talks in her sleep switching from English, Japanese, and Korea. Her roommate, Yoo Jung, sometimes feels like she’s living with a foreigner, with all the foreign languages.
G.NA was the Star Close Up in the Kpoppin studio with DJ Isak. G.NA (지나) is a Canadian Korean who debuted first as a member of girl group 5girls (오소녀) in 2010, now she is solo and currently under Cube Entertainment.
About the music::
Her recent single, 예쁜 속웃 (G.NA’s Secret), is something she want to release before her full length album comes out. She wanted to embrace her journey for girlhood to woman with this song. The song itself is about being in love at her age. The full length album is more medium tempo, rock, ballad, and raw.
– She was a trainee for 7-8 years before she debuted, and she is glad she was able to find herself and define her color during that time.
– She has a lucky towel she carries with her whenever she travels.
– She chose her debut song because she was brokenhearted at the time.
– She says her fashion style when not on schedule is more tomboyish than people expect from her.
– Her favorite food is jelly candies that she buys online from Canada.
– For G.NA sexy comes from the inside, and from confidence
Q & A::
Q: What do you miss about Canada?
A: The fresh air, the way people talk, and the maple syrup.
Q: Who would you like to collaborate with?
A: Some whose voice is compatible with hers, like Carly Rae jeppsen.
Q: How do you approach relationships?
A: She is all over the place when it comes to relationships. She not a love at first sight kind of girl. She likes to feel them out see if theres a spark there. For her it is all about chemistry. She said if it is ever reported that she is dating someone then it is okay for people to assume that there is amazing chemistry between her and whoever.
Q: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
A: Marry with at least 1 kid. If not marry yet then at least engaged to her forever love. Of course still doing music.
Q: Future plans?
A: She has a Whole album planed. The album is suppose to be more raw and more G.NA than any of her other works.