JBJ was in the SuperKpop studio for K-Star & Live with DJ Sam. JBJ (제이비제이) is a boy band that debuted in 2017 under Fave Entertainment.
Taehyun (태현) – Leader, Dancer, Rapper, Vocalist
Kenta (켄타) – Rapper, Dancer
Yongkook (용국) – Vocalist
Hyunbin (현빈) – Rapper
Sangkyoon (상균) – Rapper, Vocalist
Donghan (동한) – Maknae, Dancer, Vocalist
– JBJ stands for Just Be Joyful.
– All the members participated in audition survivor show Produce 101 season 2.
– The members are from different labels, some are members of other groups.
– Kenta is a big fan of TeenTop.
– They recorded the song 5 times in order to get the right balance of sexy and fan appreciation.
– Sangkyoon taught Kenta some Korean bad words. Kenta using them a lot toward Donghan,
– Hyunbin was not in the studio, but members say he is a fast learner.
– Kenta misses authentic Japanese food.
– If Donghan was a power ranger he would be red.
– Yongkook didn’t know what power rangers were when he was asked which one he would be.
– Kenta declared himself the cutie sexy member of the group.
– Donghan wants to share a room with Kenta, but Kenta rejected that idea.
Q & A::
Q: How would you describe the album?
A: Kenta describes the album as dandy sexy. Yongkook said that flower is a key point to the album.
Q: If you weren’t a singer what would you be doing?
A: Donghan would probably be doing something with Korean martial arts.
Dickpunks was this weeks Star Date in the SoundK studio with DJ SeeAn. Dickpunks (딕펑스) has been active since 2006 and are currently under TNC Company.
Taehyun (태현) – Vocal
Jaeheung (재흥) – Bass
Hyunwoo (현우) – Keybaord
Ga-ram (가람) – Drum
– They keep in touch with the Super Star K contestants and cheer them on via a mobile app chat room
– Before they were a band the members all went to the same high school, and university
– If they could they would do a collaboration with almost any girl group.
– If they were girls they wouldn’t date any of the other members, because they already know all their secrets and worst habits
Q & A::
Q: Garam what is your secret for making you skin look younger and younger?
A: To look in the mirror everyday and tell your self you look good.
Q: How did you become a band?
A: Hyunwoo suggested to his university buddies (Taehyun and Jaeheung) that they should start a band. They didn’t have a drummer so Taehyun brung his high school buddy Ga-ram into the group.
Q: What was the hardest thing about being on the show?
A: The challenging part of the show was living with all the rules and regulations. There were rules for their diets, they couldn’t have their phones. The first 2 months were the hardest by the third month they were used to it. When the show was over and they were finally given their phones it was awkward having them back.
Q: What is your ideal type?
A: Taehyun – Avril Lavigne
Jaeheung – Julia Roberts
Garam – Moon Geun-young
Hyunwoo – Miranda Kerr
Q: What was you motive for participating in Super Star K 4?
A: They were already known on the indie circuit, but they wanted more people to know about them. They choose Super Star K 4 over Top Band because the show had more entertainment value and more to show.
썬글라스 (Sun glass) & 연극이 끝난후 (After the play)
South Carnival was in the Super Kpop studio for Kpop Rising with DJ Sam Carter. South Carnival (사우스 카니발) is a 9 member Ska band from Jeju Island. They debuted in 2009 and aree under Rudie System entertainment company.
Kyunghwan (강경환) – Leader, vocal, trumpet
Jiwon (석지원) – Drum
Hyemi (이혜미) – Keyboard
Taehyun (강태현) – Guitar
Kyunghyun (고경현) – Percussion
Gunho (김건호) – Trumbone
Yugyoonn (신유균) – Alto Saxophone
Yongmun (이용문) – Tenor Saxophone
Sujin (고수진) – Bass
About the music:
Their music is generally in the reggae, ska, ska punk genres. They make island music with reggae and samba influences with the uniquely Jeju way of speaking. Some of their songs are hard for some Koreans to understand because Jeju has it’s own accent, and way of speaking that some Koreans are not used to. The song 고리봐야 (a more child) is a about a mother from Jeju talking to her child, and it has an Afro-Cuba sound.
– They were the opening act for Arirang’s 10 Anniversary Concert (2013)
– If Kyunghwan was a sea creature he would be a pink dolphin and look out for all the other sea animals
– They would like to be on Saturday Night Live USA, and would practice their english if they were called
– They practice 4 hrs a day, & they always practice at night, & if they have an upcoming gig they practice for 8 hrs
Q & A::
Q: Where did the name South Carnival come from?
A: Originally they were called Socialism Band but that name was too dark, and didn’t fit their sound or personalities very well. One day they decided to change it to something that was fun, fresh, and energetic like a carnival that traveled around Jeju sharing lively music. That is how they decided on South Carnival.
Q: What are the advantages and disadvantages of having so many members?
A: The advantage is that when they travel they can arrange themselves quickly . The disadvantage is that when they go out to eat the bill is very expensive.
Q: If you were to do a collaboration who would you pick?
A: Skalite, an older generation Ska band whose members are slowly dying out. They would really like to just meet them even if they don’t get to do a collaboration.
Q: What are your future plans?
A: They want to build they reputation slowly adn continue making music for years. They don’t consider themselves a Jeju band. They think of themselves as a Korean band that lives in Jeju. They want to represent Korea on a global scale.
바당이나꺼여 (Sea of Owner) & 고리봐야 (a more child)
Honey G was in the Kpoppin studio for Hot New Face with DJ Isak. Honey G (허니지) is a male trio that debuted in 2013. Their sound is generaly in the Ballad genre with a unique mix of Urban and R&B.
Jiyong (지용) – Vocals
Jaehayun (재현) _ Maknae, vocals
Taehyun (태현) – Leader, vocals
About the msuic:
Their debut album is a full length album consisting of 10 songs including the title song 바보야 (Fool). 결혼하는 날 (Wedding Day) Is dedicated to all couple getting married. It is a congradulatory song for those couples. They wrote and composed the song 배고파 (Hungry) as a group while on a diet. Jiyong compose and worte the lyrics for 솔이 그립다 (I miss Sol), he also co-wrote the songs 그대 (You ) & 늑대 (Wolf).
– They were on survivor audition show Superstar K 4
– Taehyun and Jaehyun were originally members of Honey Brown
– Taehyun says that Jaehyun has the worst sleeping habits. Jaehyun sleep with his eyes open.
– They are homebodies with similar hobbies of playing soccer videos, and drinking beer every once in awhile
– Since their debut they have been going on line to check their position on the music charts every chance they get
– They sya that they have hidden variety show monsters they woulod like to show
– Jaehyuns says that he is very adventurous
– Jiyong is athletic and would like to be on runing man od dream team
– Taehyun wants to be on We Got Married with Suzy
– Jiyong used to be a part time event singer
Q & A::
Q: What is your favorite song on the album?
A: Jiyong – 솔이 그립다 (I miss Sol)
Jaehyun – 열대야 (Tropical Night)
Taehyun – 배고파 (Hungry) – written while on a diet
Q: Have you ever comtemplated bring the other mmebers of your respective group back?
A: Since they got their recording contract from the survivor show as Honey G they are going to continue on as Honey G. They want to build popularity and gradually bring the other members in as an even bigger project.
Q: Where does the name Honey G come from?
A: Honey G = Honey Brown + Jiyong
Q: What are your ideal types?
A: Jiyong – girls with good personalities
Taehyun – tall girls like Suzy (168cm)
Jaehyun – cute and petite girls like IU
Q: How did you decide what the title song of the album was going to be?
A: The members each had a song they wanted as the title song the took a vote and 바보야 (Fool) won. The Ceo also liked this selection.
바보야 (Fool) & 결혼하는 날 (Wedding Day) & 열대야 (Tropical Night)