BoK was in the SuperKpop studio for K-Star and Live with DJ Sam. BoK (비오케이) is a male ballad duo group that debuted in 2016 under Rockin’ Korea (락킨코리아).
Leenu (리누) – Leader, Vocalist
Sean Lee (션리) – Maknae, Vocalist
– They are known as the male Davinchi (a female duo).
– Sean lee has played soccer with DJ Sam previously.
– Leenu doesn’t drink much, but if he does he goes for Soju. Sean like expensive drinks.
– Sean says his English is bad but it’s his english is almost prefect.
– Sometimes Sean is afraid of Leenu’s temper.
– Leenu is better at dancing than Sean, according to Sean.
– Leenu loves to dance, and his favorite style of dance is break-dancing.
– Sean played an doctor a couple years ago, but thinks he did a very bad job, because he was so nervous did didn’t sleep, and everything went down hill from there.
– When making decisions Leenu listens to options, and says the final decision is his because he’s the leader.
– Sean lived in Germany when he was little.
– If Sean had a younger sister, Leenu said dating her would be forbidden. Sean said the same thing for if the situation was reversed.
– According to Sean Leenu is very good at showing cuteness.
– They did a high note battle, Leenu won.
Q & A::
Q: What does BoK mean?
A: The message behind the name is “everything going to Be Okay.” BoK = (B)e (OK)ay
Q: Any concepts you’d like to try?
A: Leenu says Sean is good at Pop R&B style songs, it be nice to try that style for an album.
Q: What do you envy about each other?
A: Leenu – Sean’s vocal tone when he speaks. if Sean was a girl he’d call him before going to bed just to listen to the voice.
Sean Lee – Leenu’s big thighs
기분좋은 날 (The Day )
바람이 분다 (Breeze)
SeenRoot was in the SoundK studio for You Who Came From the Stars with DJ Leah. SeenRoot (신현희와 김루트) is a oriental acoustic duo group that debuted in 2014 under Moon Hwa In (문화인).
Shin Hyunhee (신현희) – Vocalist, Guitar
Kim Root (김루트) – Bassist
– Root’s signature style is sunglasses, and people don’t recognize him on the streets when he wears regular glasses.
– They didn’t realize their fame until they saw videos of people covering their songs.
– Hyunhee was very nervous when she was on radio star, and her nail artist was upset with her because of it.
– Original Root bought sunglasses for Hyunhee but they didn’t look good on her and ended up becoming his signature style.
– His nickname is 고개리 (head), he got this nickname from friends, and it’s based off of an old Korean movie with an actor / character whose name was 고개리.
– Hyunhee is really in to makeup, because when she was young she was very self conscious, and so study a lot about beauty. Now she carries a makeup bag with her practically everywhere.
– They want their music to be like an autobiography.
Q & A::
Q: What is 집비던날 (Home Alone) about?
A: This is a song about a time when Hyunhee was left home by herself when her parents went away somewhere, and talks about all the exciting things she did, and could’ve done during that time alone.
집비던날 (Home Alone)
Joo was in the Kpoppin studio for Be My Super Star with DJ Isak. Joo (주) debuted in 2008 and is currently under Ollim Entertainment (울림엔터테인먼트).
– Her real name is 정민주 (Jung Minjoo).
– She doesn’t post on SNS frequently.
– Her ideal type is someone who is similar to herself, who is older than her with a good sense of humor.
– One of her hobbies is exercising, and doing things such as bowling.
– Joo likes to go to musicals, plays, and concerts.
– One of the things that she notices about a person first comes from conversation. The more they talk about their life, the more their charm comes out.
– “어느 늦음 아침 (late in the morning)” is a soft ballad produced by 이정운 (Lee Jung Un), the Bassist from Nell.
– Her favorite soundtrack is Ailee’s I’ll go to you like the first snowfall.
– Last year she started seeing adult ache on her face so after freaking out she started going to a skin care doctor.
– She doesn’t have a TV at home, because if she did she’d never leave her house.
Q & A::
Q: Is there a story behind the sudden hair cut?
A: She cut her hair because it was bleach so much in order to get a specific shade of blonde for her album jacket cover. It cause a lot of damage to hair, so she went to her stylist and had it cut in a Matilda style. She got in trouble with her company because she didn’t have permission to cut her hair.
Q: How do you find the emotion to sing sad ballads?
A: When she was younger, since she had not experienced a breakup, she used to ask people about their break ups so she could feel the proper emotion when singing about breakups. Now she looks at it from different angles such as losing an object she loved a lot, or the loss of a beloved pet.
iKon was in the SuperKpop studio for Kpop Rising with DJ Sam. iKon (아이콘) is a boy band that debuted in 2016 under YG Entertainment (YG엔터테인먼트).
B.I – Leader, Rapper, Composer
Bobby – Rapper
Junhoe (준회) – Vocalist
Jinhwan (진환) – Vocalist
Donghyuk (동혁) – Vocalist
Yoonhyung (윤형) – Vocalist
Chanwoo (찬우) – Maknae, Vocalist
– Donghyuk introduced himself as DK, and he knows a bit of English.
– To skip study Jinhwan would use the excuse that his stomach hurt.
– One type of ideal date for B.I would be to go samba in Brazil.
– When given a choice between ramen and pizza everyone chose pizza.
– If Jinhwan opened a restaurant it would be Italian style.
– No one is thinking of marriage yet, they’re still young.
– According to the members Junhoe is the selca king.
– None of the members can even picture themselves as girls.
– As a group their go to phrase is “keep your head up” to give people strength.
Q & A::
Q: What is the concept of the new album?
A: They wanted to try something different with this album, and decided to go with something fresh, and clean, like new kids on the block.
Q: Junhoe can you describe your members in one word?
A: Donghyuk – fantastic
Yoonhyung – aftiequackquack (which he said basically means “not free”)
Jinhwan – short
Q: If you weren’t doing music want would you be doing right now?
A: Bobby – probably flipping burgers
Donghyuk – an English teacher (according to Yoonhyung)
Q: Jinhwan how did you get into singing?
A: 10 yrs. ago when Jinhwan was in the Philippines he was very lonely, and singing made him feel happy. It started there and kept going.