Choi Jaewoo and Ju Wontak were in the SoundK studio for You Who Came from the Stars with DJ Leah. Choi Jaewoo (최재우) isn’t under a company yet. Ju Wontak (주원탁) is under 2able Company.
– They have both participated in the survival show Produce 101 season 2.
– Jaewoo likes playing with cats.
– Wontak likes skating and bowling.
– Jaewoo’s group Monsae did a performance, but it was never aired. He feels that upset him .
– Jaewoo went two weeks with little sleep around the start of the show, and was starting to want to go home. Then they didn’t call his name, and he thought “Oh I’m going home?” Then he was a bit depressed.
– Wontak & Jaewoo get together often because Wontak’s company and Jaewoo’s study room are close together.
– Jaewoo got into piano because he was really into fashion, and like this green piano bag that he saw.
– Wontak’s nicknames are Mirror Prince, & Celebrity. Mirror Prince, because he always stops to look in the mirror whenever he is near one.
– Jaewoo’s nickname is Tigger.
– Wontak is the #parttimeking, because he has had a lot of different part-time jobs.
– Jaewoo has #insomnia, and he frequently goes without sleep.
– Jaewoo has recently gotten into playing a very scary game, and now thinks ghost are on the other side of his door.
– Wontak has trained his metabolism.
Q & A::
Q: What gave you been doing since being on Produce 101 season 2?
A: Ju Wontak – Since the show he has been traveling around Korea and has already had a fan meeting.
Jaewoo – He doesn’t yet have a company. He practices everyday at an academy study room.
Q: Can you tell us about Baby Goodnight?
A: It is a fan song that wrote Wontak the lyrics for.
Baby Goodnight (Ju Wontak ft. 수연 (SooYeon)of A.De) & 니가 뭔데 (G-Dragon cover)
ONF was in the Kpoppin studio for Be My Super Rookie with DJ Isak. ONF (온앤오프) is a boy band that debuted in 2017 under WM Entertainment (WM엔터테인먼트).
Hyojin (효진) – Leader, Vocalist
E-tion (이션) – Vocalist
J-Us (제이어스) – Vocalist, Dancer
Wyatt (와이엇) – Rapper, Dancer
MK (엠케이) – Vocalist, Rapper
Yoo (유) – Dancer
Raun (라운) – Maknae, Dancer
– They have all been trainees for an average of 7 years.
– They’ve been practicing as a group for about 2 years.
– Wyatt speaks fluent English, which he learned while living in a foreign country for five years..
– If MK could take something from Wyatt it would be his shoulders.
– ‘Difficult’ is about a guy who is newbie at love and has only read about it in books.
– Onf’s on / off choreography has been E-tion’s favorite choreography so far.
– The hardest part of the choreography to learn was the hands movements.
– They really like fast food, because it makes them feel good.
– Lately when Wyatt goes shopping he has been focusing on street wear such as t-shirts.
Q & A::
Q: What can you tell us about ‘On/Off’?
A: The song is about how you can turn their hearts on and off.
Q: Is there anything you remember about your very first debut stage?
A: Hyojin did their debut stage without the battery pack for his in-ear. Therefore he wasn’t able to hear his instrumental even thou he was wearing his in-ear. He didn’t know that he need to put a battery pack in his pocket.
Q: What countries would you like to visit?
A: Raun – World tour
Wyatt & MK – USA
J-Us – Rome
Oriental Showcus was in the SuperKpop studio for Kpop Rising with DJ Sam. Oriental Showcus (오리엔탈 쇼커스) is a co-ed band that debuted in 2014 under Ruby Record (루비레코드).
Chulho (장철호) – Bassist
Hyunkyung (김현경) – Trombone, Keyboardist
Youngkwang (한영광) – Saxophonist
Jinsung (조진성) – Guitarist
Kiwon (김기원) – Drummer
Gre (김그레) – Vocalist
– When making music two or three people will write the song and lyrics and bring to the group. Then as a group they have practice sessions where they create demos, and then go from there.
– They would like to do a world tour and finish it in Korea.
– They all met as friends of a friend of a friend. Chulho, Hyunkyung, and Youngkwang were they original members and then Gre, Kiwon, and Jinsung joined later.
– Kiwon is the most sensitive according to the members, but he doesn’t agree.
– Chulho would like to work with a hip-hop artist, specifically BY a rapper from ‘Show Me the Money’.
– Kiwon can almost always be found with coffee in hand. If its a hot day he can’t eat red foods. Plus he has issues with spicy foods.
Q & A::
Q: Please explain you team name, Oriental Showcus?
A: They have an oriental feel with a blend show and circus when they perform.
Q: How was it going from a 7 member group to a 6 member group?
A: They had the think about how to change their sound, now that the member who played the brass instruments is no longer with the group. Since the brass was such a big part of their sound, they had to have a long think about how to adapt their sound to the change.
Q: What are your promotion plans?
A: They have lots of festivals coming up to promote their current album. They are working to release another album next year.
What Happened? & Swing With Me
Groovyroom was in the Kpoppin’ studio for Be My Super Star with DJ Isak. Groovyroom (그루비룸) is a producer team that debuted in 2015 under H1GHR Music (하이어뮤직).
Hwimin (이휘민) – Producer
Kyujung (박규정) – Maknae, Producer
– Both members are full time producers.
– They put their current EP together in 3 weeks. It has 2 title tracks; ‘Sunday’ & ‘어디쯤에.’
– ‘어디쯤에’ is about how you feel when you think a break up is near.
– When working on ‘Xindoshi’ they started looking at it visual before thinking about the actual song. They really wanted to video to be in face.
– They didn’t want to be in the ‘Sunday’ music video, because its such a sweet MV, but they are sitting with Jay Park during his part.
– They know all of each other little habits.
– When Hwimin shaves if he feels part of his beard is still there he will start picking at the hair to try, and pull them out.
– Kyujung shakes his leg a lot even in his sleep.
– When collaborating they give the other people a decent amount of freedom in terms of lyrics, but with a guidance of a set topic.
– Hwimin has always wanted to rap, but he say he’s not good at it.
– Kyujung has never though about adding his own vocals to their songs.
Q & A::
Q: What was the reason you decided to join H1GHR Music?
A: They really didn’t think about joining a label, because as producers they don’t really need representation. Then they wanted to start focusing on their own EPs. They decided on H1GHR Music because they wanted someone they trusted, and they trust Jay Park.
Q: How do you decide what goes on the EP?
A: It has to go to someone else, before they can focus. This EP is a collection of songs written for other people that didn’t make it on the other people’s albums, so they decided to keep for themselves.