Hey Girls were in the SoundK studio for You Who Came from the Stars with DJ Leah. Hey Girls (헤이걸스) debuted in 2016 under Moai Entertainment (모아이).
Jandi (잔디) – Leader, Dancer, Vocalist
Heesoo (희수) – Dancer, Vocalist
Siyun (시연) – Dancer, Vocalist
Daeun (다은) – Maknae, Main Vocalist
– They were formerly known as Black Queen.
– Whenever they go to the karaoke rooms they always sing 2NE1’s Lonely.
– Jandi has a habit of not wearing socks when she’s outside.
– They changed their name to Hey Girls in December 2017.
– According to Jandi; Siyun, Heesoo, and Jandi are the dancers of the group. She describes their dance style as Siyun – Cute; Heesoo – Sexy; Jandi – Powerful.
– Jandi wears red DJ headphone.
– Daeun really loves her phone.
– Siyun was in the 9th class in high school.
– Their boss’ sons name is Lee Hyungsuk. (This was Heesoo’s speed quiz question to the members.)
– Daeun wants to be a president, just because she has always wanted to live in a building as grand as the White House or Blue House. She wants to try the food there and see if it’s really good.
– They are special ambassadors for Olympics. They are looking forward to cheering for the Korean Bobsledding team.
– Heesoo wants to live as Jandi’s dog Mandu for a week because Mandu’s life is so easy. Mandu gets food, water, bathed, and when she pees/poops its taken care.
– Siyun wants to try breaking her habit of eating a lot of trips.
– Daeun has a habit of staring off into space, not hinting of anything. This is something she noticed about herself after watching herself on TV shows.
Q & A::
Q: How is the Hey Girls image different from Black Queen?
A: Hey Girls is a more friendly girl next door image. With the addition of the maknae, Daeun, they changed their image to be more innocent.
Q: What is 너 아니면 NO (No one but you) about?
A: The song is about a girl telling a guy that it has to be him. The has two meanings ‘No one but you’ and ‘Only you.’ They choreographed the dance themselves. The main point being the bodies reaction to them putting a spell on you (wave dance).
Q: Why did you want to become a singer?
A: Jandi – always wanted to be a performer, she would audition and always got rejected until she became part of dance group Black Queen. Then she realized she didn’t just want to dance on stage she also wanted to sing on stage.
– Siyun – discovered after becoming a backup dancer that it wasn’t dancing she enjoyed but getting people attention. So, she wanted to become a singer.
– Heesoo – said she feels the same as Siyun.
– Daeun – being a vocalist her process was a bit different, she just did auditions and got in.
너 아니면 NO (No one but you) ,
Music Medley (Lonely (2NE1), Despacito, Xiangnideye (샹니더예), Snow Flower (눈의 꽃), Love Is An Open Door (Frozen ost))
The Ade was in the Kpoppin’ studio for Star Close Up with DJ Isak. The Ade (디에이드) is a co-ed duo group the debuted in 2016 under Ade Music (에이드뮤직).
Daeun (안다은) – Vocalist
Kyunyun (김규년) – Guitarist
– They have a tour coming up, and Kyunyun is worried for Daeun’s voice, because it’s constant singing at back to back concerts, and not like a single concert and then go mom.
– They consider covers that people do of their songs as free PR.
– Kyunyun recently got a bigger car. Up until then they were using a car each.
– Kyunyun claims the title of talking king. He says it’s not because he is particular good at talking, it’s just that he talks a lot.
– They know each other so well that new things about each other haven’t been discovered.
– Kyunyun says that he likes to watch movies and then jump into the studio and uses the feelings he got from the movie to create something new.
– Kyunyun would like to go to the USA, and Daeun would like to go there as well as to Switzerland.
– Daeun’s ideal type is the good looking athletic guy.
– Kyunyun’s ideal type is a well put together girl, like an announcer.
– If they could change their partner for just one day Kyunyun would choose someone who is his ideal type. Daeun would change to John Meyer.
– With the more music they put out, and the cover they put out Daeun tends to mess up songs more often. It has gotten to the point where she will mix lyrics from different songs together and give Kyunyun weird looks (as if he is the one who got it wrong).
Q & A::
Q: 닮은거래요 seems like a happier song than you usually put out.
A: When they write songs they tend to end up being sad songs. They asked someone to supply them with a happier song.
Q: Is there something that you just don’t touch in order to maintain the brother sister dynamic you have?
A: They said anything outside of work. Daeun said its to the point that Kyunyun begs her to get out of her house, and go on dates, so he can have something to not know about her.
Q: What advice to have for people who want to create their own duo?
A: Daeun says to find someone who has the same genre taste as you. Kyunyun says if it is a co-ed duo be complete siblings, because it could be awkward if it became more, and it’d be awkward if it didn’t.
Q: What are your future plans?
A: They are having a domestic cafe tour where they will visit 23 different places around South Korea. Some places have already sold out.
묘해,너와 (It’s strange, with you / Acoustic Collabo cover)
2eyes stopped by the Super Kpop studio for Kpop Rising with DJ Eden. 2eyes (투아이즈) is five member girl group that debuted under SidusHQ in 2013. They hit the music scene with an explosive “Don’t mess with me (까불지마)”.
Dasom (다솜) – Rapper
Hyungsook (형숙) – Leader, vocal
Daeun (다은) – Dancer, vocal
Yeonju (연주) – Maknae, vocal
Hyerin ( 혜린) – Dancer, rapper
About the music::
They named the group 2eyes because they want everyone who sees them to look upon then with interest using their two eyes. ‘Irony’ is a nice balance between tango’s accordion rhythm and Synth rhythm house beat. ‘Bloody Love’ has a rock melody and electric rhythm. ‘Don’t mess with me’, is a powerful and boyish hiphop / pop dance song. The song is about leaving a women’s heart alone if you’re going to play with it.
– Hyungsook lived in New Zealand for 6 years
– Winter Story is on the “that winter, the wind blows” OST
– Hyerin was a trainee for jyp for 3 years, close to Miss A’s Min
– Hyungsook is close friends with Jinwoon (2AM)
– This is Yeonju’s second time debuting, the first time she debuted as part of a duo.
– Yeonju’s favorite group was B1A4 but recently that has started to change.
– Daeun really likes Rhiannah’s California King Bed, she’s practiced this song so much she’s grown to like it very much.
Q & A::
Q: Who takes the most time in the bathroom?
A: Hyerin takes a long time washing and is usually the last one to get in the car on the way to activities.
Q: If you were a boy which member of 2eyes would be your favorite?
A: The popular choices were Hyerin, and Daeun. Hyerin because she is tall and full of charisma. Daeun because she has a unique face without makeup and has a nice boyish image.
Q: Who is you rookie group rival?
A: Since there are no rookie girl groups currently they choose Bangtan Boys, because they are both Hiphop.
Irony & 겨울사랑 (Winter Story)