Bob Girls was in the Hot New Face in the Kpoppin studio with DJ Isak. Bob Girls (단발머리) is a 4 member girl group that debuted in 2014 under Chrome Entertainment.
Yoo Jung (유정) – Rap, vocal
Dahye (다혜) – Main vocal
Jina (지나) – Sub-vocal
Danbi (단비) – Maknae, lead vocal
About the music::
Their debut single album, “The 1st Single Album,” contains 2 songs. “No way” has a sexy charismatic concept accompanied by a rhythmic dance. It is about a girl who falls for a bad guy. On the flip side “Wae-i-rae (왜이래)” has a cutesy concept.
– Jina makes the most mistakes when learning choreography, but when she finally gets it down she makes it her own.
– Danbi doesn’t show her a emotions often
– They live together and they don’t really have an umma in the group, but Jina is the closest to being the umma.
– Yoo Jung turns on the eye charm when she feels that she is about to meet someone in which she needs to promote herself. It is almost like she gains confidence just for throw situations.
– According to the members Dahye pays to much attention to her appearance
Dahye’s nickname is “How do I look? (나 어때?)”
– Danbi and Jina share a room, and Yoo Jung and Dahye share the other room
Q & A::
Q: Why the name Bob Girls?
A; Their CEO picked the name, and it has a cultural meaning behind it. In Korea when a girl cuts her hair shot she is trying to change her image, forget lost loves, or to look more mature. In so doing they want to show that they as a group can change/adapt to everything the industry and throw at them.
Q: If you had the chance to perform somewhere outside of Korea where would it be?
A: Jina – Australia
Yoo Jung – China
Danbi – Philippines
Q: Do you have any weird habits?
A: Jina has to sleep with a towel to cuddle with before she con sleep. Dahye talks in her sleep switching from English, Japanese, and Korea. Her roommate, Yoo Jung, sometimes feels like she’s living with a foreigner, with all the foreign languages.
The talented girls of BESTie paid a visit to the Kpoppin studio for Hot New Face with DJ Isak. BESTie debuted in 2013 with debut single Pitapat under YNB Entertainment.
U-ji (우지) – Vocal
Dahye (다혜) – Vocal
Hyeryung (혜령) – Maknae, vocal
Hyeyeon (혜연) – Leader, vocal
About the music::
‘두근두근 (pitapat)’ was orinially arranged by a foreigner producer and given to the girls as a guide song. The producer had arranged to notes so they were really high even for himself. They song originally had no lyrics and all he did was make weird noises that sounded similar to du-goon-du-goon. The original composition was a faster bpm than their released version. For this video’s concept they showed off both their cute and sexy sides.
– U-ji is the Umma of the group
– If they have something that’s bugging them they talk about it ASAP
– They have a tough side, that’s honest and doesn’t hold back, and speaks their mind
– The members think Dahye is perfect for variety shows
– 3 of the previous members were in EXID
– U-ji has always looked up to Beyonce
– Haeryung is a child star and has been acting until now. She says there is a big difference between acting on camera and acting on a stage.
Q & A::
Q: What were your first impression of each other?
A: Hyeyeon’s first impression of Dahye is that she looked alot like U-ji. The similarities she saw took her by surprise. Dahye says her first impression of U-ji is that she has a huge presence and was unapproachable at first.
Q: Did you chose the name BESTie because of its American meaning?
A: In America bestie means bestfriend; that is what they wanted their name to mean. They also wanted to use the name as a way of being closer to their fans.
Q: Are there any concepts you would like to try in the future?
A: Hyeyeon would like to try a more feminine & laid back concept. Dahye wants to do everything from super sexy to super cute. Dahye also said that they try to match their concepts to something all their fans can be happy with.
Q: Do you have anyone you would like to collaborate with in the future?
A: Epic High, Beyonce, Dynamic Duo, any genre
Q: Are there any male groups that have made your heart flutter?
A: One of the members mentioned G.O.D & DBSK. G.O.D was more like a first love for her and DBSK was a group she fell in love with later.
두근두근(pitapat) & U-ji did a cover of Beyonce’s ‘If I were a boy’