Moon Hyuna was in the Kpoppin’ studio for Be My Super Star with DJ Isak. Moon Hyuna (문현아) debuted as a member of Nine Muses (나인뮤지스) in 2010 under Star Empire Entertainment (스타제국). She made her solo debut in 2016 under Daynite Records.
– She recently came back from traveling to Thailand, Saipan, and Switzerland.
– She teamed up with a travel agency for the trip to Switzerland, and they took to several different places ranging from really cold to summer weather.
– Remedy Take 2 on this album is a remake of the original remedy which was released as a gift to the fans when she released her book. Remedy Take 2 is a softer version.
– She prefers being with people who are similar to herself that are very adventurous, and doing new things.
– When traveling she prefers going to new places, rather than places she’s been before.
– Lately she has been trying to find her own specially shade of sky blue when editing her photos.
– When she doesn’t leaves the house she doesn’t like to shower too much. This is how she keeps her skin looking nice.
– She would like to put out a reggae remake to one of her songs. She believes that there is a time for music. When the time is write it will happen.
Q & A::
Q: With all the traveling and schedules how did you get this album finished?
A: If she finds certain sources while traveling she would send clips to her production team and they would build on it.
Q: What movie would you like your song to be part of?
A: There’s no specific movie, but she would like to have her song be the main soundtrack for a romance movie, or as the soundtrack of a really good book.
Remedy Take 2
Sweet Revenge was in the SuperKpop studio for Kpop Rising with DJ 1kyne. Sweet Revenge (스윗리벤지) is an indie rock band that debuted in 2009, and is currently under Mirrorball Music.
So Young (김소영) – Vocal, guitar
Mi Jung (김미정) – Guitar
Hwa Yeon (이화연) – Bass
Hyuna (장현아) – Drum
About the music::
They recently released their 3rd EP, Bitter Sweet, which contains 8 tracks. “메로 (Melo)” is about the awkward feelings of love and loneliness in everyday life. It is not based on real life experiences. It is different from their pervious releases, because it shows their softer side.
– Originally it was just So Young and Mi Jung, but it was hard to make a band with just two people. So, they added members.
– They put on a powerful stage but off stage they want the same things every girl wants: love, time with friends, and family.
– Out of all Sweet Revenge songs so far So Young’s favorite is “Sugar Candy,” because the song really connects with her
– Hyuna changed her appearance because she wants to get married eventually
– So Young’s music style is inspired by the Beatles because they have great melodies
– If they were a male rock band they say the name would just be Revenge
– In their free time they like to go to local cafes, read, & write lyrics (So Young), play pc games (Hwa Yeon), play with cats (Mi Jung), watch animation (Hyuna)
– Their groups nickname Hong Dae Si Dae (Hong Dae’s girl’s generation)
Q & A::
Q: Why did you chose to be a rock band?
A: They feel that with rock music they can be more honest, and real.
Q: How was the name Sweet Revenge chosen?
A: Mi Jung was listening to a song and somewhere in the lyrics “sweet revenge” was mentioned. That’s when she decided that was going to be the group name. To Mi Jung the name fits because when they join voices together it’s sweet revenge.
Q: Ideal type?
A: So Young – Johnny Depp
Mi Jung – Hugh Grant, because of his puppy eyes
Hwa Yeon – Key from Shinee
Hyuna – someone manly, but at the same time she likes Kim So Hyun
Q: What is your dream as Sweet Revenge?
A: Do make more sweet music, and to continue working hard.
메로 (Melo) & Can’t take my eyes off of you (Cover -lauren hill)
Urban Zapata was in the Super Kpop studio for Kpop Rising with DJ Sam Carter. Urban Zakapa (어반자카파) is a vocal trio of 2 males and 1 female. They have been active since 2009 and are under Fluxus Music.
Hyuna (조현아) – Maknae, high vocal
Soonil (권순일) – Leader, middle vocal
Yongin (박용인) – Low vocal
About the music::
Their most recently released single ‘거꾸로 걷는다 (Walk backwards)’ is about the short moment of breaking up becoming longer. Urban Zakapa has an unplugged Jazzy R&B sound.
Q & A::
Q: What does the name Urban Zakapa mean?
A: Urban zappy kaleidoscopic passionate
Q: Can you list some of your favorite artist?
A: Hyuna – Erika Badu & Ray Charles
Soonil – Mariah Carey
Yongin – Stevie Wonder
Q: Hyuna do you ever feel uncomfortable being the only female in the group?
A: No, because they have known each other for over 10 years.
Q: Out of all your songs which one is your favorite?
A: Debut song ‘카피를 마시고 (Cafe Latte)’ because without it they might not be where they are now.
Q: What is the best thing about an Urban Zakapa concert?
A: They play a lot of songs and also take time to just play amongst themselves on stage.
Q: Do you have any solo plans?
A: No solo plans as of yet. They like what they’re doing with Urban Zakapa. When the boys go to military service Hyuna might try doing some solo things.
Q: Future plans?
A: Their 3rd album is set to be released in November. They also have a 4 city Christmas tour coming up. Hyuna has a collaboration with Kim Johan (Solid) on Nov. 1
그날에 우리 (Us on that day) & Just the two of us (Will Smith – rearranged)