January 4, 2014 ~ Blady stopped by the Hot Beat studio to hang with DJ Kevin. Blady (블레이디) debuted in 2011 under Star Planet. After a 1 year hiatus and extensive member changes, Blady is making a comeback.
Kangyoon (강윤) – Leader, vocal
Tina (티나) – Vocal, maknae
Coco (코코) – Vocal, the oldest
Yeji (예지) – Main Vocal
Soojin (수진) – Rap, vocal, most charming
About the music::
Their 2013 comeback single B형여자 (blood type B girl) is a cute song where they try to embody all the different types of blood type B girls.
– All the members of Blady are blood type B
– Tina and Coco are from the USA, and are fluent in English.
– Coco is from DC and then lived in California for 4 years.
– Kangyoon wants to be on We Got Married with ZE:A’s Kevin, both in real life and on tv.
– Tina looks up to the Wonder Girls, because they debuted in the USA and she wants to do the same.
– If Soojin was a guy she would date Tina, because Tina’s never had a boyfriend.
– Kangyoon would like to set her brother up with Tina or Yeji.
– Coco wants to build the perfect house for her mom to live in with family, since Coco is always on schedule or in the Blady dorm.
Q & A::
Q: What blood types do you like best?
A: Coco & Kangyoon – Blood type A, because they tend to be sensitive and look after their friends
Tina – blood type B, because they are manly on the outside but to the girl they like they are sweet
Soojin – blood type B, because he likes bad boys more than sweet guys
Yeji – blood type AB, because they are really fun to be around, and blood type O, because they are very zen.
Q: How did you go about becoming part of Blady?
Yeji’s college professor has an acquaintance with Star Planet and hooked her up with an audition. She passed the audition after the CEO wanted her to sing about 12 songs. Soojin was auditioning for a different company and was scouted by a Star Planet representative.
Q: What were your first impressions of each other?
A: Soojin was intimidated by Yeji. Because when she first met Yeji she was wearing a sleeveless shirt, and had a big bruise on her shoulder. That gave Soojin the impression that Yeji must have street cred. Later she found out it was just a birthmark.
uKiss was in the SoundK studio for Star Date II with DJ SeeAn. uKiss (유키스) debuted in 2008 as a 7 member boy band. They are now a 6 member group under NHMedia.
Kevin (케빈) – Maknae, vocal
Eli (일라이) – Rap
Hoonmin (훈민) – Vocal
Soohyun (수현) – Leader, vocal
AJ (에이제이) – Rap
Kiseop (기섭) – Vocal
About the music::
They recently released their 8th mini album titled ‘Moments’. The album have 7 songs and 1 instrumental. The title track 내 여자야 (she’s mine) is a warning to other to back away from “my girl.” The track is a hiphop song, which is a genre they had not tried before.
– Kevin thinks Soohyun is the messiest in the group
– When in Korea Soohyun is the main speaker
– Kevin, Eli, & AJ use English when ordering room service when abroad.
– Eli wants to spend Christmas in Fiji
– Hoonmin secretly filmed Soohyun dancing naked at home
– Soohyun took the SAT twice, didn’t like his first score so took it again and got a worse score
– Hoon is on leave from university
– AJ is a student at Colombia Univesity, current take 1 year break
– Soohyun cut his curly hair so he can focus on school studies.
– Alexander & Kibum left the group soon after their debut and were replaced by Hoon and Kiseop
– Dongho left the group in 2013 due to health issues
Q & A::
Q: What is the last album you bought?
A: Eli – Primary
Soohyun – Elvis
Q: Kevin what do you do in you free time?
A: Ride his bike, go to the river near his home, and just spend time with friends
Q: Which member would you pick to be on you Apocalypse team?
A: Kiseop – Hoon because he is the manliest
Eli – Kevin because he is good at running away
Q: AJ who is the first person you think of in the morning?
A: Mom because he is hungry when he wakes up
Q: Do you remember the biggest fight you’ve ever had with your members?
A: About 2 years ago Eli ate AJ’s late piece of 불고기 (a type of meat). Eli asked if he could have a piece, and then just took it without waiting for the answer. This incident upset AJ.
내 여자야 (she’s mine)
Crazyno was on Arirang radio show Hot Beat with DJ Kevin on MAY 25, 2013.
Crazyno debuted as a music artist in 2012 with the song Musiche (무식해) and the mini album The Lunatic. He is under JFC Entertainment and is known as Psy-kid. His real name Zyno Kim and was raised in Australia. Crazyno considers himself a ‘free man’ because he is a solo artist he doesn’t have to conform to group concepts. Crazyno can creates his own concepts.
Crazyno & Friendship::
The interview was mainly focused around his friendship with ZE:A’s Kevin (the show’s DJ). They have known each other for roughly 10 years. They met each other when Zyno brought a karaoke machine to the school play ground has a way to share Korea culture. Kevin shared a secret that Crazyno taught him how to put his emotions into his dancing. Crazyno says that he learned how to scam phone numbers from girls when they are younger by pretending he was going to give the numbers to Kevin. Instead he kept those phone numbers for himself.
– Lkies to wear clothes most people won’t
– Likes to eat sushi and ramen
– In the music intdustry he likes Craig David and Psy
– In the acting industry he likes Kim YoonSeok and Simon Baker
– His ideal types are; Hyuna, Kang Minkyung, Yuna, & Sulli.
– He likes girls that are 159 and mentally developed
Q & A::
Q: What kind of music to you like listening to?
A: He listens to all genres for musical inspiration, but currently he is listening to Trace.
Q: When did you start really getting into music?
A: When he was 21 around the time he came to South Korea. He spent four years doing drama music as a music producer.
불면증 (Insomnia) Crazyno and Kevin
9Muses had an interview on Arirang radio show Hot Beat with DJ Kevin on May 16, 2013.
9muses consist of nine members: EunJi, Sungah, Minha, Sera, Hyuna, Hyemi, Euaerin, Lee Sem, & KyungRi. The name 9muses was chooses by the CEO who they call Zeus. 9muses is named after the Greek goddess Muse. Sera is the leader and MInha is the maknae.
About the music::
9muses recently released their comeback single ‘Wild’ and an album. The song Wild is meant to convey that they have a wild sexiness hidden within themselves. The song Action is about an obsessive love and Crumpled Paper is about a relationship breaking up.
They said they were genuinely surprised to see Wild go to #1 so quickly after having been released. They have been very busy and things have been going very fast paced for them. However, they feel that it is a good thing that things are going so fast.
– If a guy was going to be obsessed with a 9muses member he would be obsessed with Sungah. The group choose her because no guy could resist her cute and sweet ways.
– Hyuna had a celebrity crush at one time
– Sungah, the newest memeber, says having 8 sisters can be a good and bad thing.
– The fans call the group 나뮤 which is short for 나인뮤지스(nine muses)
Q & A::
Q: if there were only 9 men left on earth who would you choose?
EunJi – Minho
KyungRi – Kevin (ze:a)
Sungah – Dongjun
Hyuna – Junyoung
Hyemi – Lee Joon
Euaerin – Kevin (ze:a)
Lee sem – Siwan
Sera – indecisive
Minha – Hongsik
Q: who is in charge of picking menus, and where to eat?
A: MInha chooses the menu, because she is good at it they depend on her to feed them. Minha loves to eat so she has the nickname 식신 (food god). When they go to restaurants that are not crowded they sit as a group and set the table in a buffet style. There are also times when they have to seat separately when at crowded restaurants.
Video of live performance::