Joo was in the Kpoppin studio for Be My Super Star with DJ Isak. Joo (주) debuted in 2008 and is currently under Ollim Entertainment (울림엔터테인먼트).
– Her real name is 정민주 (Jung Minjoo).
– She doesn’t post on SNS frequently.
– Her ideal type is someone who is similar to herself, who is older than her with a good sense of humor.
– One of her hobbies is exercising, and doing things such as bowling.
– Joo likes to go to musicals, plays, and concerts.
– One of the things that she notices about a person first comes from conversation. The more they talk about their life, the more their charm comes out.
– “어느 늦음 아침 (late in the morning)” is a soft ballad produced by 이정운 (Lee Jung Un), the Bassist from Nell.
– Her favorite soundtrack is Ailee’s I’ll go to you like the first snowfall.
– Last year she started seeing adult ache on her face so after freaking out she started going to a skin care doctor.
– She doesn’t have a TV at home, because if she did she’d never leave her house.
Q & A::
Q: Is there a story behind the sudden hair cut?
A: She cut her hair because it was bleach so much in order to get a specific shade of blonde for her album jacket cover. It cause a lot of damage to hair, so she went to her stylist and had it cut in a Matilda style. She got in trouble with her company because she didn’t have permission to cut her hair.
Q: How do you find the emotion to sing sad ballads?
A: When she was younger, since she had not experienced a breakup, she used to ask people about their break ups so she could feel the proper emotion when singing about breakups. Now she looks at it from different angles such as losing an object she loved a lot, or the loss of a beloved pet.
Elris was in the Kpoppin studio for Be My Super Rookie with DJ Isak. Elris (엘리스) is a girl group that debuted in 2017 under Hunus Entertainment (후너스 엔터테인먼트).
Sohee (소희) – Leader, Vocalist, Sky
Yookyung (유경) – Vocalist, Water
Bella (벨라) – Vocalist, Heart
Hyesung (혜성) – Vocalist, Wind
Karin (가린) – Maknae, Vocalist, Forest
– According to the members Bella transforms the most with makeup.
– Karin sleeps the most. She will be asleep, wake up and go back to sleep, but doesn’t remember waking up.
– Bella is the mom of the group and Sohee is the dad of the group.
– There were some real rabbits in the MV, but it kept getting scared when they were trying to film the scenes, and it kept pooping everywhere.
– They were sleeping when the teaser pictures were released, and they were very pleased with the outcome.
– Hyesung has been practicing her hidden talents, and does an impersonation of Pikachu.
– The member that cries the most is Bella, and she cries when other members cry.
– The company chose Bella’s stage name for her, because they wanted her to grow up to be a pretty girl.
Q & A::
Q: Why did you pick Elris as the team name?
A: The name means Excellent Lovely Rainbow Innocent Sister. The way they pronounce it is like “Alice” from Alice in Wonderland.
Q: What can we except from 우리 처음 (We, First)?
A: It has a strong beat in combination with their sweet vocals.
Q: What is the biggest difference between now, and your first impressions of each other?
A: The members with the biggest difference between now, and their first impressions were Karin, & Sohee. Karin was so shy and spoke very softly, but now that she’s comfortable with them she’s not as quiet. Sohee comes across as cold and hard because of her facial features but she’s really warm and outgoing.
Q: What kind of song is ” 너와 나 (You & I)”?
A: It’s a bossanova style track, and the members believe it will relax the listeners.
우리 처음 (We, First)
A.C.E was in the Kpoppin’ studio for Be My Super Rookie with DJ Isak. A.C.E (에이스) is a boy band that debuted in 2017 under Stayge (스테이지).
Jun (준) – Leader, Vocalist
Donghun (동훈) – Vocalist
Wow (와우) – Rapper, Vocalist
Jason (제이슨) – Rapper, Vocalist
Chan (찬) – Maknae, Vocalist
– They’ve been doing a lot of busking, and covers.
– The MV director praised them for not making mistakes during the filming of the Cactus MV.
– Donghun is the oldest member, and tends to be the rock for the group.
– According to the members Wow is the most adventurous amongst them.
– They would like to be on infinite challenge.
– According to Jason changes the most when he wears makeup. Without it he look young and innocent, but with the smoky eye makeup he looks charismatic and a bit scary. Jason agreed.
– Wow thinks he looks the best in the short pants concept because he has a lot of thigh muscles.
– Donghun and Jun were voted mostly to become models in the future.
– According to the members Wow is the most interested in girl groups and their dances.
– They can’t believe their officially part of the music scene, so, they’re living everyday like a dream.
Q & A::
Q: What does A.C.E stand for?
A: Adventure Calling Emotion
Q: How did you meet each other?
A: Donghun, Wow, Jun were in the label together as trainees. Jason and Chan were a part of JYPE for a while. Jason and Chan saw videos of Donghun, Wow, and Jun singing (curtesy of their vocal coach), and really wanted to be apart of their group. So, they started contacting each other.
Q: Jun – As the leader, have you had a hard time?
A: Jun doesn’t feel he has had any hardships as the leader. The members listen to him and look up to him. The only thing that slightly worries him is that they are only five members, and have to work harder to fill the stage with their charisma compared to other groups.
Roy Kim was in the SoundK studio for You Who Came From The Stars with DJ Leah. Roy Kim (로이김) debuted in 2013 under MMO Entertainment (MMO엔터테인먼트).
– Roy had recently graduated from high school when he was participated in Super Star K season 4.
– He grew up in Korea but lived in the states doing high school, and college.
– He feels like this one was harder because he wanted to do something that different from his usual style.
– To relieve stress he goes to the sauna a few times a week.
– He is considered an old soul.
– Roy says that since middle school he was always considered older than he actually was.
– Roy feels bad if he doesn’t get an A in school classes. This past winter semester he got ‘A’s and 1 B+. He blames his parent for raising win the typical Asian mindset that you have to have the best scores in everything.
– There was a rumor going around that he likes to go on drives, but He doesn’t own a car.
– He purposely looks for comments about himself to see what people saying good or bad.
– He prefers to hear comments about his looks, than his music.
– He has been a radio DJ before, and he was considered a child comedian.
– He can speak in Chinese but doesn’t understand Chinese when he listens to it.
Q & A ::
Q: How did the 문득 (Suddenly) video come about?
A: He asked several girls what they wanted to see from a guy. One girl said the ankle line, another mentioned the line down the center of the back. He then put those visual fetishes into his video with a shower scene showing those parts of the body. The video was filmed in Sapora, Japan.
Q: What is the 문득 (Suddenly) about?
A: The song is about an individual and wishes the best for an ex and leaves an open ending saying about when we meet again in the future we’ll think about it being together again.
Q: What was the hardest song on the album for you?
A: Roy considers Egoist the hardest song on the album to put together. Egoist was original in English and rewriting it in Korean so the meaning of the song translated over was difficult.
Q: If you could be someone else for a day who would you be? Why?
A: He would be Justin Bieber. He would use his jet, and go to Hawaii with three models. Then they would drink the night away.
Live Performance ::
Interview Footage ::