Groovyroom was in the Kpoppin’ studio for Be My Super Star with DJ Isak. Groovyroom (그루비룸) is a producer team that debuted in 2015 under H1GHR Music (하이어뮤직).
Hwimin (이휘민) – Producer
Kyujung (박규정) – Maknae, Producer
– Both members are full time producers.
– They put their current EP together in 3 weeks. It has 2 title tracks; ‘Sunday’ & ‘어디쯤에.’
– ‘어디쯤에’ is about how you feel when you think a break up is near.
– When working on ‘Xindoshi’ they started looking at it visual before thinking about the actual song. They really wanted to video to be in face.
– They didn’t want to be in the ‘Sunday’ music video, because its such a sweet MV, but they are sitting with Jay Park during his part.
– They know all of each other little habits.
– When Hwimin shaves if he feels part of his beard is still there he will start picking at the hair to try, and pull them out.
– Kyujung shakes his leg a lot even in his sleep.
– When collaborating they give the other people a decent amount of freedom in terms of lyrics, but with a guidance of a set topic.
– Hwimin has always wanted to rap, but he say he’s not good at it.
– Kyujung has never though about adding his own vocals to their songs.
Q & A::
Q: What was the reason you decided to join H1GHR Music?
A: They really didn’t think about joining a label, because as producers they don’t really need representation. Then they wanted to start focusing on their own EPs. They decided on H1GHR Music because they wanted someone they trusted, and they trust Jay Park.
Q: How do you decide what goes on the EP?
A: It has to go to someone else, before they can focus. This EP is a collection of songs written for other people that didn’t make it on the other people’s albums, so they decided to keep for themselves.
Moon Hyuna was in the Kpoppin’ studio for Be My Super Star with DJ Isak. Moon Hyuna (문현아) debuted as a member of Nine Muses (나인뮤지스) in 2010 under Star Empire Entertainment (스타제국). She made her solo debut in 2016 under Daynite Records.
– She recently came back from traveling to Thailand, Saipan, and Switzerland.
– She teamed up with a travel agency for the trip to Switzerland, and they took to several different places ranging from really cold to summer weather.
– Remedy Take 2 on this album is a remake of the original remedy which was released as a gift to the fans when she released her book. Remedy Take 2 is a softer version.
– She prefers being with people who are similar to herself that are very adventurous, and doing new things.
– When traveling she prefers going to new places, rather than places she’s been before.
– Lately she has been trying to find her own specially shade of sky blue when editing her photos.
– When she doesn’t leaves the house she doesn’t like to shower too much. This is how she keeps her skin looking nice.
– She would like to put out a reggae remake to one of her songs. She believes that there is a time for music. When the time is write it will happen.
Q & A::
Q: With all the traveling and schedules how did you get this album finished?
A: If she finds certain sources while traveling she would send clips to her production team and they would build on it.
Q: What movie would you like your song to be part of?
A: There’s no specific movie, but she would like to have her song be the main soundtrack for a romance movie, or as the soundtrack of a really good book.
Remedy Take 2
Nam Taehyun and South Club were in the Kpoppin’ studio for Be My Super Rookie with DJ Isak. Nam Taehyun (남태현) made his original debut in 2014 as a member of Winner (위너) under YG Entertainment. He debuted again in 2017 as a member of co-ed group South Club (사우스클럽) under South Buyers Club (사우스바이어스클럽).
Nam Taehyun (남태현) – Leader, Vocalist
Kang Koon Ku (강군구) – Guitarist
Choi Yoon Hwi (최윤회) – Keyboardist
Kim Eui Myeong (김의명) – Bassist
Jang Won Young (장원영) – Drummer
– They’ve been having lots of live performances to the point they are scared the fans will get bored with them.
– Taehyun thought band music was appealing particularly Blues music.
– When rearranging tracks it seems Taehyun wants the members to give honest feedback without holding back.
– When it comes to food if someone says let’s get this they’ll just agree, but since they’re all looking out for their physical appearance they don’t eat much.
– Taehyun does try to look out for everyone.
– The member who talks the most in their group chat is Taehyun.
– Taehyun is very tedious and a perfectionist when it comes to his music.
– No one has a lot of girl group songs on their phone, but Taehyun likes Red Velvet.
– According to Taehyun, Wonyoung sends the most random messages in their group chat.
– Koonku has never seen Taehyun sleeping, so he is not sure if he has any sleeping habits.
– Koonku loves noodles, especially the Japanese style of black bean noodles.
– Taehyun has a lot of tattoos, but he doesn’t know exactly how many he has, and has no plans for more currently.
– They would both like to learn English.
– They would like to do more TV shows but haven’t been getting many calls as of yet.
– Taehyun wants to do commercials, he not being picky about what the commercial is for, just that it’s be a commercial.
Q & A::
Q: How did you all met?
A: The Taehyun met the bassist and keyboardist at church. Then later the bassist introduced him to Koonku and Wonyoung.
Q: What is your song writing process? How do you make your music?
A: When making music the sometimes have jam sessions and try to find a line or a chord that sounds good and build from there. There are songs that Taehyun has written that they bring back out and rework. Then there are times when Koonku will just be playing some chords, and they’ll build something from that.
Q: What inspired you to get into music?
A: Koonku started learning guitar because he followed a friend who was going to guitar lessons. Taehyun has always wanted to become an artist, but started focusing seriously on making music when he was a sophomore in high school.
Believe U (Acoustic Guitar Live)
Live High was in the Kpoppin’ studio for Be My Super Star with DJ Isak. Live High (리브하이) is a girl group that debuted in 2013 under Red Creative Company (레드 크리에이티브 컴퍼니).
Kabin (가빈) – Leader, Rapper
Ceena (신아) – Vocalist
Rhea (레아) – Vocalist
Bohye (보혜) – Maknae, Vocalist
– Rhea loves shopping and clothes, she’s the type to have several copies of the same clothing item, but in different colors.
– They are known as healing idols.
– They did a TV show through youtube where all four members took the test to get scuba diving licenses. They all passed the test.
– Kabin likes to write lyrics.
– They’ve been going overseas a lot, and also have a Chinese version of their lead single for their new album.
– Ceena was voted the prettiest member because she’s so skinny.
– Kabin thinks the happiest thing in the world is eating.
– If a member was dropped onto a deserted island Rhea & Bohye would be most likely to survive. Rhea because she’s such an active person, and Bohye because the way her body shaped she seems like it be tough for bugs and animals to take her down.
– Kabin was voted most likely to stay in her hotel room when they go on vacation, because even in the dorm she likes to be on her bed. She even does her work out routine on her bed most of the time.
– Ceena and Rhea said the member they really can’t take is Kabin because she sleeps all day, and they have to do everything for her.
Q & A::
Q: Please introduce 꿍따리 샤바라 (Kung Ddari Sha Bah Rah) to the listeners.
A: 꿍따리 샤바라 (Kung Ddari Sha Bah Rah) is a summer track that’s meant to be a healing song. They wanted to give a message of dreams, and happiness. It is their remake of Clone’s track. It features a rap section written by Kabin. The point / key part of the choreography is the train dance.
Q: The MV hasn’t come out yet which parts do you hope makes the final cut?
A: They had to dance on really hot sand, and it was painful for them, but in the clip that Ceena saw it looked really refreshing. She hopes that part makes it into the MV release.
Q: If you could only take one member on a trip who would you take and why?
A: Bohye got the most votes because she is the youngest and they would make her do all the work.
4 Non Blondes – What’s Up (Live High cover version)