The Electric Eels were in the SuperKpop studio for Kpop Rising with DJ 1Kyne. The Electric Eels (전기뱀장어) is an indie band that debuted in 2011, and are under Sound Holic.
Yeseul (예슬) – Guitar
Inkyung (인경) – Vocal, guitar
Yoojung (유정) – Drummer
– Inkyung’s grandpa named him Inkyung
– Minhyuk says he has no strange habits
– They write their own songs
– The Wizards is a band that inspires them
– Yeseul wrote a song for a girl he was seeing but she didn’t like it
Q & A::
Q: Yeseul and Inkyung because your names are so feminine do you have any issues with your names?
A: Yeseul – friends of his friends thought he was a girl until they eventually called him and found out he was a guy. While growing up friends called himYeseul unni, or Yeseul noona.
Q: Do you guys have any strange habits?
A: When Yeseul has ache on his face or body he gets quetips and pops them immediately. Inkyung puts his shirt on first instead of his underwear like most people.
Q: Do any of you have an English name?
A: When Inkyung was in English academy his teacher named him Scott but he didnt like it. At a show performance he introduced himself as James Woong, but he doesn’t think it fits him either.
Q: Future plans?
A: They have a solo concert coming soon.
송곳니 (Canine) & 꿀벌 (Honey Bee)
A-prince stopped by the Kpoppin studio as the Hot New Face of the week. A-prince (에이프린스) is a boy-band that debuted in 2012 under New Planet Entertainment.
Seungjun (승준) – Vocal
Minhyuk (민혁) – Rapper, sub-vocal
Woobin (우빈) – Maknae, vocal
Sungwon (성온) – Leader, vocal
Siyoon (시윤) – Sub-Vocal
About the music::
They recently released their 2013 mini album ‘Mambo’. The video for the title track ‘Mambo’ showcases the boys expressing themselves to their girlfriend. It also has actual mambo choreography.
– The members said that Siyoon is the laziest, eats the most, has the most female umbers in his pone, and has the biggest head (in terms of arrogance).
– Woobin says Seungjun makes him do the most stuff especially when it comes to cleaning the dorm.
– They had a showcase in Singapore right before the ‘Mambo’ album release.
– Woobin said his ideal first date would be watching a movie and eating popcorn.
– Sungwon’s ideal first date would be just having a nice walk through an open park.
Q & A::
Q: What does the ‘A’ in A-prince stand for?
A: It has many meanings, such as amazing, & awesome.
Q: What has been the biggest change since you debut?
A: They are not as nervous anymore, and Woobin has become more stylish.
Q: Are there any concepts you would like to try in the future?
A: Something more charismatic, dark, and sexy.
Q: Ballad versus Tempo?
A: Sungwon – rock ballads
Woobin – jazz
Seungjun – R&B & Hiphop
Minhyuk – upbeat tracks
Siyoon – acoustic & dance beat
Q: Places to perform in the future?
A: Thailand, Russia, USA, Mexico, Bullet Train
Q: Collaboration you would like to do in the future?
A: Sistar, Jay Rabbit, & Isak
Q: You’ve been wearing different colors for each Mambo show performance. Which color concept do you like the most?
A: Woobin – white
Sungwon – hot pink
Siyoon – blue