BoK was in the SuperKpop studio for K-Star and Live with DJ Sam. BoK (비오케이) is a male ballad duo group that debuted in 2016 under Rockin’ Korea (락킨코리아).
Leenu (리누) – Leader, Vocalist
Sean Lee (션리) – Maknae, Vocalist
– They are known as the male Davinchi (a female duo).
– Sean lee has played soccer with DJ Sam previously.
– Leenu doesn’t drink much, but if he does he goes for Soju. Sean like expensive drinks.
– Sean says his English is bad but it’s his english is almost prefect.
– Sometimes Sean is afraid of Leenu’s temper.
– Leenu is better at dancing than Sean, according to Sean.
– Leenu loves to dance, and his favorite style of dance is break-dancing.
– Sean played an doctor a couple years ago, but thinks he did a very bad job, because he was so nervous did didn’t sleep, and everything went down hill from there.
– When making decisions Leenu listens to options, and says the final decision is his because he’s the leader.
– Sean lived in Germany when he was little.
– If Sean had a younger sister, Leenu said dating her would be forbidden. Sean said the same thing for if the situation was reversed.
– According to Sean Leenu is very good at showing cuteness.
– They did a high note battle, Leenu won.
Q & A::
Q: What does BoK mean?
A: The message behind the name is “everything going to Be Okay.” BoK = (B)e (OK)ay
Q: Any concepts you’d like to try?
A: Leenu says Sean is good at Pop R&B style songs, it be nice to try that style for an album.
Q: What do you envy about each other?
A: Leenu – Sean’s vocal tone when he speaks. if Sean was a girl he’d call him before going to bed just to listen to the voice.
Sean Lee – Leenu’s big thighs
기분좋은 날 (The Day )
바람이 분다 (Breeze)
iKon was in the SuperKpop studio for Kpop Rising with DJ Sam. iKon (아이콘) is a boy band that debuted in 2016 under YG Entertainment (YG엔터테인먼트).
B.I – Leader, Rapper, Composer
Bobby – Rapper
Junhoe (준회) – Vocalist
Jinhwan (진환) – Vocalist
Donghyuk (동혁) – Vocalist
Yoonhyung (윤형) – Vocalist
Chanwoo (찬우) – Maknae, Vocalist
– Donghyuk introduced himself as DK, and he knows a bit of English.
– To skip study Jinhwan would use the excuse that his stomach hurt.
– One type of ideal date for B.I would be to go samba in Brazil.
– When given a choice between ramen and pizza everyone chose pizza.
– If Jinhwan opened a restaurant it would be Italian style.
– No one is thinking of marriage yet, they’re still young.
– According to the members Junhoe is the selca king.
– None of the members can even picture themselves as girls.
– As a group their go to phrase is “keep your head up” to give people strength.
Q & A::
Q: What is the concept of the new album?
A: They wanted to try something different with this album, and decided to go with something fresh, and clean, like new kids on the block.
Q: Junhoe can you describe your members in one word?
A: Donghyuk – fantastic
Yoonhyung – aftiequackquack (which he said basically means “not free”)
Jinhwan – short
Q: If you weren’t doing music want would you be doing right now?
A: Bobby – probably flipping burgers
Donghyuk – an English teacher (according to Yoonhyung)
Q: Jinhwan how did you get into singing?
A: 10 yrs. ago when Jinhwan was in the Philippines he was very lonely, and singing made him feel happy. It started there and kept going.
Top Secret was in the SuperKpop studio for K-Star & Live with DJ Sam. Top Secret (일급비밀) is a boy band that debuted in 2017 under JSL Company.
Ain (아인) – Leader, Vocalist
Kay (케이) – Vocalist
Yohan (요한) – Vocalist
Wooyoung (우영) – Vocalist, Rapper
Junghoon (정훈) – Rapper
Yonghyun (용현) – Vocalist
Kyungha (경하) – Maknae, Vocalist
– Yonghyun introduced himself as the groups vitamin.
– It is a tie between Kyungha & Wooyoung for the title of the hardest member to wake up.
– Wooyoung prefers a Gil who is motherly, and able to care for him.
– Wake Up is the second album in the school trilogy. This one is a more fun loving style compared to the first albums innocent school style.
– 4 members prefer A girl who dances well, and 3 member prefer a girl who sings well.
– If Kay could use mind control he would use it to control Ain and get them dismissed from practice at 6PM.
Q & A::
Q: If you could plan your world tour where would you go?
A: Wooyoung – USA
Yonghyun – Brazil
Yohan – Italy
Jonghun – Australia
Kyungha – France
Q: What is the biggest difference between now and the last time you were on the show in January?
A: Ain says the biggest difference between now and their debut is that they seem more comfortable, and not as nervous.
하루 열댓번 (Up & Down)
Choi Nakta was in the SuperKpop studio for Kpop Rising with DJ Sam. Choi Nakta (최낙타) debuted in 2013 under Table Sound (테이블사운드).
– His friends gave him the nickname Nakta in high school, because he resembles a camel.
– He went on a rank show, and was able to maintain eye contact with the correct camera the whole time. Even though he was beyond nervous because of all the cameras.
– He loves playing games, and soccer.
– 으으 is the sound made when yawning and scratching, and was written one day when he was wishing the blanket he had wrapped around him was the girl he liked.
– He does lots of covers such as Ed Sheeran – shape of you, & Twice – knock knock.
– He prefers night time because songs come out better.
– He like girls who are petite, and cute with beautiful smiles.
– He like summer because he can’t handle the cold of winter.
Q & A::
Q: What type of concept do you like to try?
A: He would like to try something deep, similar to Damon right.
Q: Who is you role model?
A: He doesn’t have a specific person who he considers a role model. However, he has several musicians he gets inspiration from.
Q: Did you always want to be a singer?
A: He original dream was to be a guitar player in college. His final assignment was to write a song, and he sang to it and the reaction was so good he thought he should be a singer song writer.