SosimBoys were this week’s Kstar & Live guest in the SuperKpop studio with DJ Stephanie. SosimBoys (소심한 오빠들) is a male vocal duo that debuted in 2012 under SK Communication.
Seungho (승호) – Guitar, vocal
Youngduk (영덕) – Vocal
About the music::
뽀뽀 (smooch smooch) is a playful R&B song about a relationship. ‘Goodnight Yoona’ was originally ‘Goodnight Girl’. They were thinking about who would best fit the image of the girl in the song. They decided SNSD’s Yoona fit best, and coincidently it was her birthday when recorded this song.
– In their free time to eat ramen while watch TV.
– They have been singing professionally for almost 2 years
– They’ve been living together for 5 years
– Seungho’s ideal type is a girl who has inner beautiful, is sexy stylish, & is always by his side.
– Their music is influenced by Brian McKnight and Stevie Wonder.
Q & A::
Q: Why the name SosimBoys?
A: The name has nothing to do with their personalities. Their songs about shy boys and he matches that. They want the fans to take care of them.
Q: When did you start doing music together?
A: They worked at the same part time job a long time ago. Youngduk was by himself away from the smoking section. One day out of nowhere Seungho walked up to him, and asked what he wanted to be. Seungho said follow him and then they started doing music together.
Q: Future plans?
A: In February they have a solo concert. In May they will perform on the big stage a the Music Festival.
여자친가 생겼으면 좋겠다 (I want a girlfriend) & Smile Again
Nemesis was this week K-Star & Live guest in the SuperKpop studio with D Sephanie. Nemesis (네미시스) is a rock band that debuted in 2005 under Poem Entertainment.
Noh Seungho (로승호) – Maknae, vocal
Na Sebin (나세빈) – Guitar
Jeon Kwiseung (전귀승) – Guitar
Choi Sungwoo (최성우) – Bass
Jung Euyseok (정의석) – Drum
About he music::
They released their 3rd album, ‘Dream’, in March of 2013. The title track is also titled ‘Dream’. ‘애원 (Appeal)’ is a rock ballad song which they played live at the interview. They played the song ‘Quean’ live, but they gave the live version on acoustic sound. They released a new single titled ‘사랑은 없다 (go away)’. ‘사랑은 없다‘ has an electronic rock-n-roll sound. The song is literally saying there is no love so go way. The energy and emotions of the band are well presented in the MV.
– Everyone but the Seungho went to the same high school
– Euyseok played the Gahun drum during their live performance
– There is a possibility of a concert in Mexico, but no definite plans as of yet
– Kwiseung was the only member to recognize DJ Stephanie
– A friend told Seungho that the past ten years have had no effect on his looks
– Kwiseung’s love life effects his music a lot, when heis in love he writes happy songs, when not in love he just rocks
– Seungho has no girlfriend and when he gets really lonely he talks to his phone saying things like 사랑해 (I love you)
Q & A::
Q: How did you get the name nemesis?
A: The name was in an English dictionary. At the time it was popular for band to have names 4 syllables long. When one of the members saw the word nemesis it was like “BANG this is it.” They use the word Nemesis to mean no one can beat them.
Q: Where do you see yourself 10 years from now?
A: According to their manager will be producing rookies. They will all still be doing music because Rock will never die.
Q: Do you agree with the nickname visual band?
A: Seungho said that when they debuted they had the youthful & pretty skin and the nickname fit them better. Now that time has gone by they feel older and not so youthful.
Q: Future plans?
A: They have a solo concert in February and plan to do many more concerts this year.
애원 (Appeal) & Quean
The talented boys of Mblaq paid a visit to the SoundK studio for a Star Date with DJ SeeAn. Mblaq debuted Oct. 2009 under J.Tune Camp. They recent made comebacks in both Korea (Sexy Beat) and Japan (Mona Lisa).
Mir (미르) – Maknae, Rapper
Lee Jun (이준) – Dancer, Vocal
Seungho (승호) – Leader
G.O (지오) – Vocal
Thunder (천둥) – Dance, Rapper
About the music::
Their comeback was a year and a half in the making. They spent most of that time focusing on individual activities. A lot of the songs on this new album were written by the members. The song ‘Believe’ which is on a previous album was a special present to Jay Park (박재범).
– Mblaq is an acronym for “Music boys live in absolute quality”
– Seungho wants a pet tiger, and has been asking around about acquiring one
– Mir wanted to shave his head but decided to cut it very short instead due to many protest from those around him.
– The group unanimously voted Mir as most likely to survive in a horror film, because he is very good at sucking up to people.
Q & A::
Q: Is there anyone who would like to collaborate with?
A: Seungho says he like Maroon5 and hopes to share a stage with them one day.
Q: If you could spend the day as another member who would it be?
A: Seungho said Mir, because he thinks if he knew Mir’s hardships Mir would be more dedicated to him.
G.O said Lee Jun because Lee Jun sleeps well, but Jun denied this.
Lee Jun said Thunder because Thunder has a beautiful sister.
Smoky Girl + interview footage^^