Welldone Potato (웰던포테이토) had a Star Date in the SoundK studio with DJ Stephanie. Welldone Potato is a indie ballad group that debuted in 2014 under YeDang Entertainment (예당엔터테인먼트) and June Entertainment (유월엔터테인먼트).
Young Woo (박영우) – Leader, Oldest
Seung Yub (백승엽) – 2nd Oldest
Soo Ahn (이수안) – Visual, 3rd Oldest
Nam Yoon (김남윤) – Maknae, Cuteness
About the music::
The concept for “잘해주지 말걸 그랬어 (Shouldn’t Have Treated You Well)” came from food programs that are currently popular in Korea. It is a break up song about a guy who is trying to lie to himself by saying “Shouldn’t Have Treated You Well” in an attempt to stop the heartache.
– They want to be closer to the fans with comfortable music.
– Young Woo has a sense of humor, but he turns into a very serious guy when he sings.
– Young Woo is the talker of the group.
– Nam Goon mimics hiphop artist Doki (2ki).
– Everyone in the group is from different provinces, and in the beginning it was hard to get together and practice. Now they live closer together, and getting together to practice is easier.
– They really want to release a full length album, and are currently working on that.
Q & A::
Q: Why the name Welldone Potato?
A: They wanted a name that was easy to remember, but also reflected their desire to sing music that was mature, but not too mature.
Q: Will you explain the member change up?
A: The other members who were originally in the group with him left the group to create Rare Potato (레어 포테이토). Young Woo stayed as Welldone Potato and was joined by Seung Yub, Soo Ahn, and Nam Yoon.
Q: Who is your role model and your favorite song by them?
A: Soo Ahn – Stevie Wonder – Ribbon in the Sky
Seung Yub – Kim Young Woo – Farewell Taxi
Nam Goon – Michael Jackson – Man in the Mirror
Young Woo – Boys 2 Men – I do
잘해주지 말걸 그랬어 (Shouldn’t Have Treated You Well)
사진을 보다가 (Seeing the Picture / Looking at Pictures) – originally by Vibe
CLC (Crystal Clear (씨엘씨)) had a Star Date in the SoundK studio with DJ Stephanie. CLC debuted in 2015 under Cube Entertainment (큐브엔터테인먼트).
Seung Hee (승희) – Leader
SORN – Vocal
Seung Yeon (승연) – Vocal, the charming member
Yoo Jin (유진) – Vocal, dancer
Ye Eun (예은) – Maknae, rap
About the Music::
Their title song “궁금해 (Like)” is about a girl who likes a guy and is curious about him.
– Sorn speaks 4 languages: Korean, English. Thai, and Mandarin.
– Before debuting they did a lot of busking on the streets of Korea.
– If they have an international tour they would like to go to Thailand.
– Rain taught them the key point dance of their debut song Pepe.
– Sorn is the only member from outside of Korea.
– Seung Yeon has the weirdest sleeping habit. One time she was sleeping and she turned towards Sorn with a smile on her face and said “왜 그렇세요? (why are you like this)”.
– Sorn and Ye Eun have both experienced a one-sided love.
– They performed at the 2015 Dream concert.
– Ye Eun says that best thing she has ever been given for free is her family.
– The members don’t have cellphones, or TVs. Before moving to the dorm Yoo Jin used to watch a lot of dramas.
Q & A::
Q: What does CLC mean? Why was that name chosen?
A: Crystal Clear, just like crystal they will shine forever in the music industry.
Q: When did you begin training at Cube Entertainment, and how did you enter the company?
A: Yoo Jin was a trainee for 4 years before debuting with CLC. In middle school after getting dance lessons she auditioned for Cube Ent. and was successful.
Q: Are there any variety shows you would like to participate in?
A: Seung Hee would like to be on Hello Counselor, members says she is good at counseling. Seung Yeon wants to appear on Real Men because she’s athletic, and a tough girl.
Q: What kind of concept would you like to try next?
A: Seung Yeon suggested something that is a perfect combination of the Pepe and Like concepts. Yoo Jin would liek to try something that has a retro vibe.
HeartB (하트비)had a Star Date in the SoundK studio with DJ Stephanie. HeartB is a ballad group that debuted in 2014 (Autumn) under Marble Pop Entertainment.
Do Jin (도진) – Leader, vocal
Jin Wook (진욱) – Vocal
Chan Young (찬영) – Vocal
Byul Ha (별하) – Maknae, vocal
About the music::
“널 사랑해 말하면(Love Letter)” was written by memeber Do Jin.
The title track “밥 한공기(Remember)” love is necessary but hard to have like Korean rice. Do Jin cried a lot during the filming of this video for the role he was playing.
– According to Chan Young Byul Ha is very flirtatious
– Byul Ha was born with all his organs on the opposite side, from the average person.
– Chan Young lost 30 kilos before debuting
– Do Jin likes to play basketball because he likes to jump
– Byul Ha usually takes the longest to get ready
– Byul Ha says he is the laziest member
– Jin Wook is the mom of group, and Do Jin is the father of the group
– Do Jin cried a lot during the filming of the 밥 한공기(Remember) MV for the role he was playing.
– Do Jin would like to act if given the opportunity
– Jin Wook is very interested in dancing
Q & A::
Q: Why the name HeartB?
A: The B stands for ballad. They want to trigger the heart with their soul ballads.
Q: What is your favorite ice-cream flavor?
A: Chan Young – is dieting so I can’t eat ice-cream but his favorite is Chocolate
Jin Wook – watermelon (수박)
Q: Ideal type?
A: Do Jin – big smile and pretty eyes
Jin Wook – petite and cute
Chan Young – girls with nice girl-next-door looking faces
Byul Ha – cute girls with aegyo
Q: What are you upcoming promotions?
A: They would like to do more stages in front of the fans.
Q: What is your goal for 2015?
A: Their goal for the year is that a lot of people can listen to their new song.
널 사랑해 말하면(Love Letter)
Rion Five (리온파이브) had a Star Date in the SoundK studio with DJ Stephanie. Rion Five debuted in Spring 2014 under Narda Entertainment (나르다엔터테인먼트).
Minjae (민재) – Leader, dance, main vocal
Royun (로윤) – Vocal
Taewoo (태우) – Rap
Jonghyun (종현) – Vocal, acrobatics
Yusung (유성) – Vocal
Kangsan (강산) – Maknae, vocal
About the music::
Their recent single “뚝뚝뚝 (Tuk Tuk Tuk)” has a very powerful electric sound, and shows the members energy. The song is about a guy with a broken-heart. This guy wants to act cool, but his broken-heart won’t let him.
– When the group started doing their pre-debut promotions there were only 5 members, and then Jonghyun joined the group.
– The fashionista of the group is Minjae, and the fashion terrorist is Taewoo.
– Taewoo and Yunsung were voted as the most handsome members
– Minjae is the mom-like member
– The hidden talent is in this group is a package deal. Kangsan says something, and Minjae copies him. (A/N: It doesn’t sound like much, but when they actually demonstrate this talent it is quite funny.)
– They have a internet show, but it has no concept. They just behave naturally in front of the camera.
– Jonghyun was inspired to be an actor by Wonbin. He want’s to be able to act just like him.
Q & A::
Q: Have you ever cried over love like the guy in the song “뚝뚝뚝 (Tuk Tuk Tuk)”?
A: When Minjae was a sophomore in middle school he had his first girlfriend. At that time he didn’t know how to express his true feelings. He and his girlfriend ended up fighting, and as a result he got dumped. He received a card from this girlfriend, and it made him cry.
Q: What is he weirdest thing you’ve eaten on you internet show?
A: Raw sliced stage, and they made soup out of the stage egg.
Q: When and where are you the happiest?
A: Taewoo — right before taking a shower, and after eating when finished with practices.
Royun – on stage
Q: What are your upcoming promotion plans?
A: They will continue with their debut promotions. They may also be doing promotions in Japan in early June.