Park Soojin was the Hot New Face in the Kpoppin studio with DJ Isak. Park Soojin (박수진) debuted in early 2014, and she is the first female soloist from Brave Sound Entertainment.
About the music::
‘내 얘기야 (This is my story)’ is everyone’s story. It is just like when breaking up with someone and taking the chance to tell your story. This song is your opportunity to tell how you’ve felt about the relationship up to the breaking up moment.
– There is a singer/actress with the exact same name.
– She likes guys that are nice, have good appetites, and are 4-5 years older than her.
– Her favorite time of year is the time around the end of the year, and her birthday month.
– She lives in a dorm.
– When she is stressed she likes to jump rope, riding her bike, and listen to music. These are also her hobbies.
– She would like to visit Europe.
– She likes taking pictures of the sky.
– Within the company she says Big Star is the nicest to her, mainly because she spends most of her time with them in the practice studio.
– Although she has been on a lot of live stages she gets even more excited & nervous to go on stage, because now she is performing her own songs.
– The artist that inspires her the most. Is Eun Sun I = wants to be like her because her voice is always where she wants it.
– When she was on the Making of a star show she performed older songs because they were songs she was most confident about performing.
Q & A::
Q: Since you are so young how to do you connect to the emotions of older songs?
A: She like to think about friends and family when trying to connect emotionally with a song. If she needs to connect to a love song she creates movie/drama scenes in her head. Then uses those scenes to connect to the love songs.
Q: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
A: On a big stage, with fans from around the world, and everyone having all her songs memorized.
Q: Have you ever thought of having a different stage name?
A: No, she just wants o be herself.
Q: Future plans?
A: She wants to be busy this year. She also wants to live up to the expectations of the reports saying he is a rookie with a powerful voice.
Veloce stopped by the SuperKpop studio for Kpop Rising with DJ Sam Carter. Veloce (벨로체) is a female vocal trio that debuted in late 2013. They are under rookie label Crazy Sound.
Chaerin (채린) – Leader, vocal
Jihyun (지현) – Vocal
Sujin (수진) – Maknae, vocal
About the music::
Their sound covers a wide range of genres such as blues, ballad, and jazz. Their debut song ‘돌고 돌아 (Round & Round)’ has a bluesy sound that is sad & reminiscent. The song is about yearning for an ex-lover, while the memories of the relationship are constantly spin around inside your head.
– Chaerin and Jihyun were both on Voice Korea
– Jihyun sent several junior and high school years in Canada
– Jihyun majored in Jazz Vocal while in Canada
Q & A::
Q: What does the name Veloce stand for?
A: Like the word velocity it has a meaning of going faster/quicker.
Q: Can you describe yourself in 3 words?
A: Chaerin – granny, sleep, beans
She acts like a 할엄머님 doesn’t like to move around much, likes to sleep a lot and eat granny type foods like beans.
Q: Ideal types?
A: Chaerin – guys who know their charm and use it to potential love interest
Jihyun – when you meet someone for the first time and know they are the one, that spark you feel when that happens that ‘BAM’ he’s the one feel upon first meeting.
Sujin – likes nice guys
돌고 돌아 (Round & Round)
I fell asleep somewhere in the middle… SORRY!!
South Carnival was in the Super Kpop studio for Kpop Rising with DJ Sam Carter. South Carnival (사우스 카니발) is a 9 member Ska band from Jeju Island. They debuted in 2009 and aree under Rudie System entertainment company.
Kyunghwan (강경환) – Leader, vocal, trumpet
Jiwon (석지원) – Drum
Hyemi (이혜미) – Keyboard
Taehyun (강태현) – Guitar
Kyunghyun (고경현) – Percussion
Gunho (김건호) – Trumbone
Yugyoonn (신유균) – Alto Saxophone
Yongmun (이용문) – Tenor Saxophone
Sujin (고수진) – Bass
About the music:
Their music is generally in the reggae, ska, ska punk genres. They make island music with reggae and samba influences with the uniquely Jeju way of speaking. Some of their songs are hard for some Koreans to understand because Jeju has it’s own accent, and way of speaking that some Koreans are not used to. The song 고리봐야 (a more child) is a about a mother from Jeju talking to her child, and it has an Afro-Cuba sound.
– They were the opening act for Arirang’s 10 Anniversary Concert (2013)
– If Kyunghwan was a sea creature he would be a pink dolphin and look out for all the other sea animals
– They would like to be on Saturday Night Live USA, and would practice their english if they were called
– They practice 4 hrs a day, & they always practice at night, & if they have an upcoming gig they practice for 8 hrs
Q & A::
Q: Where did the name South Carnival come from?
A: Originally they were called Socialism Band but that name was too dark, and didn’t fit their sound or personalities very well. One day they decided to change it to something that was fun, fresh, and energetic like a carnival that traveled around Jeju sharing lively music. That is how they decided on South Carnival.
Q: What are the advantages and disadvantages of having so many members?
A: The advantage is that when they travel they can arrange themselves quickly . The disadvantage is that when they go out to eat the bill is very expensive.
Q: If you were to do a collaboration who would you pick?
A: Skalite, an older generation Ska band whose members are slowly dying out. They would really like to just meet them even if they don’t get to do a collaboration.
Q: What are your future plans?
A: They want to build they reputation slowly adn continue making music for years. They don’t consider themselves a Jeju band. They think of themselves as a Korean band that lives in Jeju. They want to represent Korea on a global scale.
바당이나꺼여 (Sea of Owner) & 고리봐야 (a more child)
Wa$$up stopped by the SoundKstudio for this week’s AN’R Artist and Reperetiore with DJ SeeAn. Wa$$up (와썹) debut in 2013 as a combined effort between Sony Media and Mafia Record.
Jinju (진주) – Leader, vocal
Nada (나다) – Rapper
Sujin (수진) – Vocal
Woojoo (우주) – Maknae, vocal
Dain (다인) – Dancer, Rapper
Jiae (지애) – Vocal
Nari (나리) – Dancer, Vocal
– Nada has alwasy had a natural tan, and she got teased for it alot when she was younger
– Nada went to a performing arts high school, and majored in Asian Arts in college
– Nari picks out the best restuarant to eat at
– Sujin’s voice breaks alot in normalconversations but not when she sings
– Uju keeps track of the groups broadcasting schedules
– Jinju speaks intermediate level English and lived in New York for one and a half years
– Dain is the parent of the group
Q & A::
Q: Is there a male group you would like to do a collaboration with?
A: Shinhwa, because they portray a bright energy.
Q: What is the Meaning behin the name Wa$$up?
A: It is an American slang word for hello, but with a hiphop type of feel.
Q: Who is the prankster of thr group?
A: Everyone in the group likes to play pranks. If they had to choose just one member; Nada would be the main prankster. Nada chooses one member a day, and focuses her pranking energy on that one member.
Q: Who are your role models?
A: Nada- Nicki Minaj
Dain – Rihanna
Q: Do you girls ever have fights?
A: They dont really fight much. They have weekly group meeting where they talk about everything that going on with the group, and how they feel about various situations.