Delight was the Kpop Rising guest this week in the SuperKpop studio with DJ 1kyne. Delight (딜라잇) is a girl group that debuted in 2013 under Bros Media Entertainment.
Yundoo (연두) – Leader, main vocal
Soomin (수민) – Vocal
Jaewon (재원) – Vocal
Eunsae (은새) – Dance, vocal, rap
Taehee (태희) – Maknae, rap, vocal
About the music::
내가 없냐! (Hate you) has a hiphop beat with an EDM style. It is from the female perpective. It is about a girl telling a guy that she has give him her best, and now he treats her like he doesn’t love her anymore. She is also asking him why he is changing his actions and behaviors toward her.
– Eunsae wants to be an actress. to be exact a cameleon actress that can move from genre to genre.
– New members Soomin and Jaewon showed their talents as per SuperKpop tradition for new band members. Soomin showed her aegyo and rap skills. Jaewon showed her singing skills and aegyo.
– Some of Yundoo’s favorite artist are Whitney Houston and Jessie J.
– In school Eunsae used to participate in talent shows showing off her dance skills, and was nicknamed the Dance Queen.
– As a whole the group is inspired by Block B, and Big Bang.
– Yundoo has always had a love for music, and started singing when she was in elementary school.
Q & A::
Q: Why the name Delight?
A: Their CEO thought it would be a good name for them because they are all ful of delight. They want to share the delight they have inside through their music.
Q: Describe 1 member, and what you like about your members?
A: Yundoo – Eunsae takes good care of herself. Taehee is very bright and vibrant. Soomin is like a model. Jaewoon is cute and always smiling.
The other members – Yundoo is a good leader, and take good care of them individually and as a group.
Q: Where do you think you’ll be in 10 years?
A: To be like G.O.D still releasing good music, and to be a group that sticks together.
Q: What is your dream as Delight?
A: They want to e role models in the industry.
Mama knows best (Jessie J cover), 내가 없냐! (Hate you), & Mega Yak
The talented M.pire boys stopped by the Kpoppin studio for a special Arirang Radio 10th anniversary interview with DJ Isak. M.pire (엠파이어) recently debuted August 2013 under Benjamin Entertainment.
Taehee (태희) – Leader, vocal
Red (레드) – Vocal
Haru (하루) – Vocal
T.O (티오) – Vocal
Yuseung (유승) – Rapper
Jeri (제리) – Maknae, rapper
About the music::
Their debut album Carpe Diem consist of 10 songs including debut single 너랑 친구 못해 (We can’t be friends). They music genre according to Naver is dance style music. The debut single 너랑 친구 못해 is about a guy who likes a girl but that girls just wants to be friends. The boy however can’t be friends with her when he likes her too much. It’s all or nothing.
– M.pire stands for vampires that feed off music
– Taehee is a Kim Junsu (Xia) fanboy
– Beast is one of T.O’s role models
– Haru says Taehee is the most confident about going on stage
– Their debut video went to #2 on Japanese charts for top kpop videos
– Haru and T.O have to keep very healthy and balanced diets and watch what they eat
Q & A::
Q: Where did you get your stage names?
A: Their CEO named Haru, Haru, because you should be able to start everyday happy and refreshed. The CEO originally wanted to name T.O Tom. So that he could be Tom and Jeri with the maknae, but T.O asked the CEO to reconsider that. The CEO then decided to tame off the ‘m’ and call him T.O
Q: When did you know you wanted to be singers?
A: Taehee always dreamed of being a celebrity. In high school he got into music and then changed his dream to be more detailed, from celebrity to a singer. Yusung wanted to be an actor and then he saw Big Bang’s documentary from before they debuted and he decided he wanted to be like them and become a singer too.
Q: If you had a world tour where would you like to perform?
A: Doesn’t matter where they perform as long as their fans are there to see them perform.
Q: What is your ideal type?
A: Haru doesn’t really look at looks. He want someone he can be friendly and intimate with. Someone he can talk with and never get bored.
Q: Where do you see yourself in 10 yrs?
A: Like Shinhwa still going strong and doing what they love