Theatre8 was in the SuperKpop studio for Music Stage with DJ Sam. Theatre8 (제8극장) debuted in 2008 under Tripper Sound (트리퍼 사운드).
Sangwook (서상욱) – Leader, Vocalist, Guitarist, Bassist
Seulgichan (임슬기찬) – Guitarist
Minhwi (함민휘) – Keyboard, Guitarist, Bassist, Clarinet
Taehyun (김태현) – Drummer
– They have not had a Christmas off in 10 years, and this past Christmas they were busy doing a show.
– Sangwook lived in Seoul by himself, and Seulgichan asked if he could live with him. Sangwook asked him how long he wanted to stay and Seulgichan said about a month but he is still living with him. Now all the members live together.
– Their goal for 2018 is releasing their 4th album. When? They don’t know, whenever they finish it.
– They have fallen off stage before, but they don’t consider it embarrassing.
– They would like to do a show in Leon, France.
– 오늘부터 1일 (love from today) was written for a friends wedding. They loved it so much they put it into the album.
Q & A::
Q: What does the group name, Theatre8, mean?
A: It doesn’t really have a meaning, however, the 8 comes from China, and is considered a lucky number.
Q: What can you tell us about 크리스마스 특선영화 (Christmas Special Movie)?
A: It is the first Christmas theme song they’ve made. The only thing that came to mind was how Christmas is done in other countries. Those thoughts played like a personal movie in their head and they wanted to portray that with this song.
Q: Why do you sing 별헤는 밤 + 꿈의 방 ( Understanding the stars + Dream Room) together?
A: The last song (꿈의 방 (Dream Room)) on the album is a continuation of the first song (별헤는 밤 (Understanding the stars)). It is recommended that they are listened to in order.
오늘부터 1일 (Love from Today) & 별헤는 밤 + 꿈의 방 (Understanding the stars + Dream Room)
JBJ was in the SuperKpop studio for K-Star & Live with DJ Sam. JBJ (제이비제이) is a boy band that debuted in 2017 under Fave Entertainment.
Taehyun (태현) – Leader, Dancer, Rapper, Vocalist
Kenta (켄타) – Rapper, Dancer
Yongkook (용국) – Vocalist
Hyunbin (현빈) – Rapper
Sangkyoon (상균) – Rapper, Vocalist
Donghan (동한) – Maknae, Dancer, Vocalist
– JBJ stands for Just Be Joyful.
– All the members participated in audition survivor show Produce 101 season 2.
– The members are from different labels, some are members of other groups.
– Kenta is a big fan of TeenTop.
– They recorded the song 5 times in order to get the right balance of sexy and fan appreciation.
– Sangkyoon taught Kenta some Korean bad words. Kenta using them a lot toward Donghan,
– Hyunbin was not in the studio, but members say he is a fast learner.
– Kenta misses authentic Japanese food.
– If Donghan was a power ranger he would be red.
– Yongkook didn’t know what power rangers were when he was asked which one he would be.
– Kenta declared himself the cutie sexy member of the group.
– Donghan wants to share a room with Kenta, but Kenta rejected that idea.
Q & A::
Q: How would you describe the album?
A: Kenta describes the album as dandy sexy. Yongkook said that flower is a key point to the album.
Q: If you weren’t a singer what would you be doing?
A: Donghan would probably be doing something with Korean martial arts.
Nam Taehyun and South Club were in the Kpoppin’ studio for Be My Super Rookie with DJ Isak. Nam Taehyun (남태현) made his original debut in 2014 as a member of Winner (위너) under YG Entertainment. He debuted again in 2017 as a member of co-ed group South Club (사우스클럽) under South Buyers Club (사우스바이어스클럽).
Nam Taehyun (남태현) – Leader, Vocalist
Kang Koon Ku (강군구) – Guitarist
Choi Yoon Hwi (최윤회) – Keyboardist
Kim Eui Myeong (김의명) – Bassist
Jang Won Young (장원영) – Drummer
– They’ve been having lots of live performances to the point they are scared the fans will get bored with them.
– Taehyun thought band music was appealing particularly Blues music.
– When rearranging tracks it seems Taehyun wants the members to give honest feedback without holding back.
– When it comes to food if someone says let’s get this they’ll just agree, but since they’re all looking out for their physical appearance they don’t eat much.
– Taehyun does try to look out for everyone.
– The member who talks the most in their group chat is Taehyun.
– Taehyun is very tedious and a perfectionist when it comes to his music.
– No one has a lot of girl group songs on their phone, but Taehyun likes Red Velvet.
– According to Taehyun, Wonyoung sends the most random messages in their group chat.
– Koonku has never seen Taehyun sleeping, so he is not sure if he has any sleeping habits.
– Koonku loves noodles, especially the Japanese style of black bean noodles.
– Taehyun has a lot of tattoos, but he doesn’t know exactly how many he has, and has no plans for more currently.
– They would both like to learn English.
– They would like to do more TV shows but haven’t been getting many calls as of yet.
– Taehyun wants to do commercials, he not being picky about what the commercial is for, just that it’s be a commercial.
Q & A::
Q: How did you all met?
A: The Taehyun met the bassist and keyboardist at church. Then later the bassist introduced him to Koonku and Wonyoung.
Q: What is your song writing process? How do you make your music?
A: When making music the sometimes have jam sessions and try to find a line or a chord that sounds good and build from there. There are songs that Taehyun has written that they bring back out and rework. Then there are times when Koonku will just be playing some chords, and they’ll build something from that.
Q: What inspired you to get into music?
A: Koonku started learning guitar because he followed a friend who was going to guitar lessons. Taehyun has always wanted to become an artist, but started focusing seriously on making music when he was a sophomore in high school.
Believe U (Acoustic Guitar Live)
Dickpunks was this weeks Star Date in the SoundK studio with DJ SeeAn. Dickpunks (딕펑스) has been active since 2006 and are currently under TNC Company.
Taehyun (태현) – Vocal
Jaeheung (재흥) – Bass
Hyunwoo (현우) – Keybaord
Ga-ram (가람) – Drum
– They keep in touch with the Super Star K contestants and cheer them on via a mobile app chat room
– Before they were a band the members all went to the same high school, and university
– If they could they would do a collaboration with almost any girl group.
– If they were girls they wouldn’t date any of the other members, because they already know all their secrets and worst habits
Q & A::
Q: Garam what is your secret for making you skin look younger and younger?
A: To look in the mirror everyday and tell your self you look good.
Q: How did you become a band?
A: Hyunwoo suggested to his university buddies (Taehyun and Jaeheung) that they should start a band. They didn’t have a drummer so Taehyun brung his high school buddy Ga-ram into the group.
Q: What was the hardest thing about being on the show?
A: The challenging part of the show was living with all the rules and regulations. There were rules for their diets, they couldn’t have their phones. The first 2 months were the hardest by the third month they were used to it. When the show was over and they were finally given their phones it was awkward having them back.
Q: What is your ideal type?
A: Taehyun – Avril Lavigne
Jaeheung – Julia Roberts
Garam – Moon Geun-young
Hyunwoo – Miranda Kerr
Q: What was you motive for participating in Super Star K 4?
A: They were already known on the indie circuit, but they wanted more people to know about them. They choose Super Star K 4 over Top Band because the show had more entertainment value and more to show.
썬글라스 (Sun glass) & 연극이 끝난후 (After the play)