Playback was in the SuperKpop studio for K-Star & Live with DJ Sam. Playback (플레이백) is girl group that debuted in 2015 under Coridel Entertainment.
Woolim (우림) – Leader, Vocalist
Hayoung (하영) – Rapper
Yoonji (윤지) – Vocalist
Yoojin (유진) – Vocalist
Eunjin (은진) – Maknae, Vocalist
– Woolim and Hayoung are participating in survival show Mix9 and were not in the studio.
– Some members stopped using stage names and started using their real names. When they were using stage names people were switching between their real names and stage names and it became confusing for them.
– Eunjin and Yoojin have a subgroup called MaSo, its a combination their last names.
– Hayoung has spent some time in The States and speaks good English.
– Eunjin sang part of Pixie Lott’s ‘Cry Me Out’ live on the show.
– They go to a cafe near their company often to eat and always see a dog named Mocha while they are there.
– Every day Eunjin she does applies a facial mask once a day. She taps the facial mask liquid into her skin constantly.
Q & A::
Q: What does the group name Playback mean?
A: Playback means to replay something. They use it has their group name to say that people can listen to their songs again and again.
Q: It has been two years since your debut. What have you been doing during that time?
A: Between this album and their debut they have gained a member, and they spent time going on holidays around the country.
I Understand by Eunjin
그때의 나, 그때의 우리 (When We Were Two)
CLC (Crystal Clear (씨엘씨)) had a Star Date in the SoundK studio with DJ Stephanie. CLC debuted in 2015 under Cube Entertainment (큐브엔터테인먼트).
Seung Hee (승희) – Leader
SORN – Vocal
Seung Yeon (승연) – Vocal, the charming member
Yoo Jin (유진) – Vocal, dancer
Ye Eun (예은) – Maknae, rap
About the Music::
Their title song “궁금해 (Like)” is about a girl who likes a guy and is curious about him.
– Sorn speaks 4 languages: Korean, English. Thai, and Mandarin.
– Before debuting they did a lot of busking on the streets of Korea.
– If they have an international tour they would like to go to Thailand.
– Rain taught them the key point dance of their debut song Pepe.
– Sorn is the only member from outside of Korea.
– Seung Yeon has the weirdest sleeping habit. One time she was sleeping and she turned towards Sorn with a smile on her face and said “왜 그렇세요? (why are you like this)”.
– Sorn and Ye Eun have both experienced a one-sided love.
– They performed at the 2015 Dream concert.
– Ye Eun says that best thing she has ever been given for free is her family.
– The members don’t have cellphones, or TVs. Before moving to the dorm Yoo Jin used to watch a lot of dramas.
Q & A::
Q: What does CLC mean? Why was that name chosen?
A: Crystal Clear, just like crystal they will shine forever in the music industry.
Q: When did you begin training at Cube Entertainment, and how did you enter the company?
A: Yoo Jin was a trainee for 4 years before debuting with CLC. In middle school after getting dance lessons she auditioned for Cube Ent. and was successful.
Q: Are there any variety shows you would like to participate in?
A: Seung Hee would like to be on Hello Counselor, members says she is good at counseling. Seung Yeon wants to appear on Real Men because she’s athletic, and a tough girl.
Q: What kind of concept would you like to try next?
A: Seung Yeon suggested something that is a perfect combination of the Pepe and Like concepts. Yoo Jin would liek to try something that has a retro vibe.
4ten had a Star Date in the SoundK studio with DJ Stephanie. 4ten (포텐) is a girl group the debuted in 2014 under Jungle Entertainment.
Taem (탬) – Rap
Hyeji (혜지) – Vocal
Yoojin (유진) – Vocal
Hyejin (혜진) – Maknae, vocal
– They do not have an official leader
– Yoojin talks in her sleep
– Tem is from Los Angeles and is fluent in English
– Yoojin was given a traditional Mianmar dress which she wore to the interview.
– Hyejin was not at the interview because she was taking her college exam
– Tem and Yoojin top role model is T. Yoon Mi Rae
– Hyeji eats a lot but doesn’t gain weight, other member envy her of this.
– Yoojin used to have a cat when she lived in gangnam, but when she moved into the group dorm she had to let her cat go.
– Hyeji’s grandma is her biggest fan, and replies to every post on their fancafe.
Q & A::
Q: What are some of the funny or scary episodes that have happened so far?
A: While sleeping Yoojin took medicine, but as soon as she put it in her mouth she spit it out, all while asleep.
Q: Are there any genres you would like to try?
A: Hyeji – to challenge the various hiphop genres
Tem – R&B, and anything with a good beat
Q: What is your biggest fear?
A: Hyeji says one of Tem fears is gaining weight. Tem says another one is not being able to see her parents again.
Q: What are your future plans?
A: They are preparing for their first comeback and second round of promotions.
BPPOP was in the Kpoppin’ studio with DJ Isak for Hot New Face. BPPOP (비피팝) debuted in 2013 and are under BP Story Entertainment.
Jane (재느) – Rapper, vocal
Pyeonji (편지) – Leader, vocal
Siyoo (시유) – Vocal
Yoojin (유진) – Maknae, vocal
Inkyung (인경) – Vocal
About the music::
Their recent single 다퉜어 (Never let me go (lit. love fight)) is a sad song. They begged their PD to give them this song. Jane cried during the filming of this video because it was so sad, and they were extremely tired.
– They are all very humorous
– If Jane was a super hero she would be a powderpuff girl. Pyeonji would be Princess Fiona
– Jane wants to get closer to the Arirang DJs
– Pyeonji is writing songs these days
– Pyeonji likes guys with a manly image but seems like can be a nice guy too.
– Siyoo wants GDragon’s phone number and to get to known him better.
– Jane is a regular on Music Access with DJ Aron and Crazyno as part of the Wednesday corner GoGoTriangle.
– They filmed the 다퉜어 MV right after filming the TODAY MV
– They have upgraded their group introduction
– Siyoo has been trying to improve her signature so she practices writing her signature daily.
Q & A::
Q: What were you first impressions of each other?
A: Siyoo thought Pyeonji had skinny legs. She also thought Jane was mixed race like DJ Isak, but she is pure Korean and just speaks fluent English. Siyoo thought Inkyung was similar to a horror film character because he is very pale and has long black hair.
Q: What are some collaborations you would like to do?
A: Siyoo – GDragon
Jane – Sam Carter
Inkyung – San E
Pyeonji – Geeks
Yoojin – IU
Q: Do you feel like you’ve lost the cutesy-ness from your debut?
A: According to group member Jane, because of the type of song it is their recent single is they are calmer than when they debuted. She feels that they haven’t lost that cutesy-ness, since their everyday speaking voices still have that aegyo that was there when they debuted.
Q: What are your favorite colors?
A: Siyoo & Pyeonji – pink
Jane – brown & green
Yoojin – yellow
Inkyung – white & black
Q: Are there any concepts you would like to try in the future?
A: A really addictive type of song
Q: Your favorite cartoons?
A: Jane – south park & angry bird
Pyeonji – my little pony
Siyoo – hello kitty
Yoojin – has no favorite
Q: What are your pet peeves?
A: Jane – the commercial in the YouTube videos. It’s fine if you can skip them but she doesn’t like them. Especially the ones where after the commercial a black scenes appears and tells you the video is longer available.
Siyoo – when she misses the chance to say something she really wanted to say.